Sign in to follow this  
Pmosch31

Destination Wedding in Puerto Rico

Hello everyone,

I am newly engaged and the FI and I decided to get married in PR next year on Memorial Day weekend. I have been looking online and I am so overwhelmed with all the different places. We would like to keep it around 30-40 ppl all of which will be traveling from the states so I would like to consider resorts that will be affordable for my guest to stay as well. I like a modern style beach wedding (if that makes any sense). Any suggestions, recommendations, and opinions are encouraged!! 

PLEASE HELP!!!

Very excited Island bride =)

Hi and congrats on your upcoming wedding!  My fiance and I are getting married in October in San Juan.   We are expecting 75-80 guests and are getting married at El Convento.  If you want a modern beach wedding, I would probably recommend La Concha.  When searching for locations, we took a tour of La Concha and El San Juan.  Both locations offer a nice beach resort style wedding.  The lobby and hotel of La Concha is much more modern/trendy, while El San Juan is just as nice, but more of a vintage/grand style of luxury.  The process can be overwhelming, i spent a lot of time on forums and book most of our vendors on our own instead of using a wedding planner.   You'll need to exercise some patience as things move on island time when it comes to getting returns and responses back via email.  

While La Concha fits the bill for the style of wedding you're looking for, I will say it might be more expensive of a hotel than what you might want for your guests.  However there are other hotels withing walking distance that are much cheaper (L'Consulat and San Juan Plaza Hotel, etc).

Hope that helps.  If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

Hi alpwedding! I'm getting married in San Juan in November 2013 too and my FI and I are also doing everything ourselves rather than hiring a wedding planner. Was wondering if you would share any vendor information :) Specifically, I'm looking for decorator, makeup and shuttle service vendors if you have any. We are having a small wedding, 30-40 guests and we're having it at La Concha Renaissance. I'm so excited but sooo nervous about all the planning! We finally got our save the dates out a couple of days ago and are in the process of designing our invites. So much to still do!!!

Originally Posted by Mariluz View Post

Hi alpwedding! I'm getting married in San Juan in November 2013 too and my FI and I are also doing everything ourselves rather than hiring a wedding planner. Was wondering if you would share any vendor information :) Specifically, I'm looking for decorator, makeup and shuttle service vendors if you have any. We are having a small wedding, 30-40 guests and we're having it at La Concha Renaissance.

I'm so excited but sooo nervous about all the planning! We finally got our save the dates out a couple of days ago and are in the process of designing our invites. So much to still do!!!

Hi Mariluz, congrats!   Sure, I don't mind helping you with the vendors.   Decor/Flowers we are using Festivo, Cake is C+M Cakes, DJ is DJ Rockhand, Photographer is Noel Del Pilar, Videographer is NDF Films, Officiant is Cory Casterton, ceremony music is Pancho Irizarry.  We actually haven't decided on makeup yet, but the ones we're looking into is Caridad Vidro or Epy Joel.  We are waiting for a guest count before we book a shuttle service, but it will most likely be Keniann Transportation. 

Hope that helps! 

Thank you so much! You are a lifesaver! I have no idea why we thought that six months was enough time to plan everything out by ourselves. Haha

I am planning at May 2014 Wedding at La Concha Resort! Now that your weddings have passed how did it go?! Would love to know your vendors and any pieces of advice you may have!

THANK YOU!

Hello brides,

I just had my wedding April 12th at Hotel El Convento, was a beautiful weekend with perfect weather.  We had our ceremony at Plaza Santa Teresa in San Cristobal, and our rehearsal dinner at Barrachina.

Our total guest count was around 90.

We had our main wedding block at Caribe Hilton and chose Courtyard Miramar for the lower hotel option.

Because of the limited information and posts on Puerto Rican weddings specifically, I'm just posting the vendors I used.  Please feel free to PM directly if you would like feedback on anyone specifically or if you have any questions whatsoever about the process.  While most of my vendors were great, there are only some that I would highly and absolutely recommend and some I might hesitate on.

Wedding Coordinator: Zahira Domenech (Eventus)

Photographer: Vanessa Velez

Cake: C&M Cakes

Florist: Festivo

Hair/Makeup: Didi Saldana

DJ: DJ Rockhand

Officiant: Carmen Casterton

Sign Language Interpreter: ASL Services Latino

Guitarist (for ceremony and cocktail hour): Pancho Irizarry

Transportation: VIP Transportation Services

Hope this helps, and good luck to you all!