Sign in to follow this  
AngelAngelina

Destination: Paris!

Hi everyone!

I am new to posting on this board (although I have been poking around for a while!) but had to post after my recent experience. It actually wasn't a wedding, but a renewal of vows (our 10th anniversary!), but wanted to post here regardless. For our renewal of vows my husband Nolan and I (and our daughter) wanted to do something a little different. We began looking into doing it outside of the states, and Paris seemed like the perfect choice!

Trying to arrange everything seemed like a very daunting task. Granted, it is significantly less of a logistical nightmare than actually getting married in another country, but difficult nonetheless. After doing some research I found a company called Gracefully that handled ALL of the logistics. From the location (we chose the Rodin Museum), to the photographer, to flowers, to a very personalized, special and meaningful service, Pierre-Henri Therond took care of it all. (Apparently Gracefully also does actual wedding services as well.)

Pierre just forwarded me a video we did after the service and thinking back to how perfect that day was, I thought I would share it with anyone of you who are thinking about getting married outside of the country. It is very doable. Our vow renewal experience could not have been better. We had a wonderful time and our experience with Pierre-Henri exceeded our expectations. From our initial correspondence from the states to exchanging our vows at the museum, he made the effort to get to know us and our story to truly personalize our ceremony. Every detail was taken care of, from the location to the photographer, and our favorite part was driving around Paris taking pictures at key spots around the city. It was amazing and we fell in love all over again!

I wanted to share the video and a few pictures. If anyone has any questions about my experience in Paris, with Gracefully, or arranging a vow renewal in another country, please feel free to ask me!

Many blessings and happy weddings (vow renewals)!

-Angelina

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDW46_JA7NQ

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics