Short engagement - is it possible to book Dreams?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 calicat

• 29 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hi all!  Hoping someone here can clue me in.  I know Dreams is super popular for weddings and was wondering how booked up they can get?  Basically, if I had a six month engagement would I be out of luck trying to reserve a date?  My fear is that it will be like in the US where the best places need a year reservation or you are out of luck.  Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

#2 PCBride2B

• 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

I wouldnt assume all dreams are great. Do your research first. I assumed the same for a vacation, last november stayed at Dreams Punta Cana- and although we had a good time, the resort was very unkept and the pool was somewhat worn looking. And I assumed that because it was Punta Cana we'd enjoy some turquoise waters and powdery white sand- we didnt! It was an hour drive from the Airport and was far from Bavaro Beach. Just a heads up!

#3 calicat

• 29 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for your advice PCBride - I plan on having my wedding in Cabo and the Dreams there looks great so I think I will be ok.  I just don't know if I even have a chance at booking a date within sixth months.  If not, I need to start making more backup plans :/

#4 uhura526

• 330 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

have just contacted them and asked? Or you don't have a date yet?

#5 calicat

• 29 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

I don't have a date yet.  I'm still waiting on my darn ring! :P  My SO says he will be proposing within the next couple of months and we both want to get married in Cabo and also would like a short engagement.  Since I'm not positive what month I'll be looking at I didn't think I could get a quote from Dreams yet.   Just hoping that someone on here who has booked their wedding recently would let me know their experience - if it was a hassle to get the date they wanted or not. 

#6 mlw02

• 65 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

Do you have an idea on when you want to get married? May, june, July or you thinking next sept? Do you want to get married on a Friday or sat or day of the week?

#7 calicat

• 29 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Eeek, sorry! Didn't realize you had responded.  I'm now engaged and we are hoping for a May/June date - but we aren't picky about it needing to e on a weekend.  I've emailed Dreams but haven't received a response yet....how long does it take for them to let you know what dates are available?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users