Photo

Elissae's RPRM Planning Thread for April 2, 2013 - PIC HEAVY!

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#61 elissae

elissae
  • 631 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
  • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by kard613 

Elissa, what color are your blue maracas? Mine came yesterday and I had ordered bright blue but for some reason when holding them up to the picture online they look like the light blue ones, although the packing slip says bright blue

Hi kard613,

I ordered the Large Brite Blue & the Large Lime Green ones.  It's possible they may have sent you the wrong ones...I would email Amols and send them a picture of the ones you received to confirm the color.  In the order they sent me I had a few broken /damaged ones that they replaced as well as a few Large Seafoam green ones - I could see the color difference.  Their email address is sales@amols.com.

Amols was great to work with and sent me the correct color green colored ones as well as replaced those that were damaged/broken.  They said I could toss the damaged ones and they sent UPS to pick up the incorrect colored ones for FREE. 

Let me know how you make out.  Good Luck!!!

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#62 kard613

kard613
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Thank Elissa!  I actually did email them on Friday night and they put samples of both the blues in the mail to me today so I can compare them. I didn't even think to look through the entire box to see about broken ones, guess I will be doing that today. They're customer service has been very responsive and helpful so far.

#63 elissae

elissae
    • 631 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by csho 

Wow all your planning looks great!!! I love your colour scheme!

Thank you so much!!!! xoxo

#64 elissae

elissae
    • 631 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

I FINISHED MY CEREMONY PROGRAMS!!!!!  WOOT HOOT!!!  I ALSO COMPLETED MY GUEST BOOK FOR THE WEDDING RECEPTION!!!

I've been looking for a unique idea for our Guest Book for a few months now...I finally decided I wanted to have a beautiful hard covered coffee table book...perhaps a photo book of Playa del Carmen that our guests could sign.  Do you think I could find one???  Absolutely not.  

I then read on this forum that BDW Bride, Cougs created a Guest Book on Shutterfly using photos she found of Playa del Carmen on the internet as well as the website Flickr.  I found a lot of cool photos on FLickr and I also used some photos I took in Playa del Carmen when we stayed at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya (our wedding resort) almost 3 years ago.

Shutterly has some great photo book designs as well as promotional coupons all the time.

I just made this book this week & paid $44.05!  I just ordered it a few minutes ago & wanted to share.

I had a 40 % coupon which expires tomorrow (GIVEHEART) as well as free shipping (SHIP30) if you spend over $30!

Take a peak - so excited.to see the end result!

http://share.shutter...id=SFLYOCWIDGET

#65 uhura526

uhura526
    • 330 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by elissae 

I FINISHED MY CEREMONY PROGRAMS!!!!!  WOOT HOOT!!!  I ALSO COMPLETED MY GUEST BOOK FOR THE WEDDING RECEPTION!!!

I've been looking for a unique idea for our Guest Book for a few months now...I finally decided I wanted to have a beautiful hard covered coffee table book...perhaps a photo book of Playa del Carmen that our guests could sign.  Do you think I could find one???  Absolutely not.  

I then read on this forum that BDW Bride, Cougs created a Guest Book on Shutterfly using photos she found of Playa del Carmen on the internet as well as the website Flickr.  I found a lot of cool photos on FLickr and I also used some photos I took in Playa del Carmen when we stayed at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya (our wedding resort) almost 3 years ago.

Shutterly has some great photo book designs as well as promotional coupons all the time.

I just made this book this week & paid $44.05!  I just ordered it a few minutes ago & wanted to share.

I had a 40 % coupon which expires tomorrow (GIVEHEART) as well as free shipping (SHIP30) if you spend over $30!

Take a peak - so excited.to see the end result!

http://share.shutter...id=SFLYOCWIDGET

Love your guest book Elissa! I also did mine on Shutterfly but I took advantage of the free 8 X 8 photobook coupon I found and used our engagement photos.  It came out so lovely!  What size is your book? I am thinking I might want a bigger one. 

#66 uhura526

uhura526
      • 330 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

Oh and another thing I am grappled with about this guest book (I used the same design as you did) is how to get people to sign it. Some of the pages have more detailed things to fill in and if the book is say in the front somewhere and is to be signed as people enter the reception, won't there be a long queue?  Do you plan to pass it around?  

#67 elissae

elissae
        • 631 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by uhura526 

Love your guest book Elissa! I also did mine on Shutterfly but I took advantage of the free 8 X 8 photobook coupon I found and used our engagement photos.  It came out so lovely!  What size is your book? I am thinking I might want a bigger one. 

Originally Posted by uhura526 

Oh and another thing I am grappled with about this guest book (I used the same design as you did) is how to get people to sign it. Some of the pages have more detailed things to fill in and if the book is say in the front somewhere and is to be signed as people enter the reception, won't there be a long queue?  Do you plan to pass it around?  

Isn't it so fun!?!  I created the 8 x 1  photo book.  I realized this morning in the shower that I did not put Playa del Carmen anywhere on the book/cover or the resort name, but oh well!  No biggie...we will all know where we are/were.

As far as geting people to sign it, I may spread the word to the guests a few days prior to the wedding...just letting them know about the guest book and how there's fun things in there.  The majority of our guests are arriving Saturday and our wedding is Tuesday so I should be able to "spread the word."  I may also make an announcement at the reception as well and perhaps have some key friends even pass it around to sign.

#68 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
        • 455 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
        • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

I love your thread!!! So many great ideas!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#69 uhura526

uhura526
        • 330 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Quote:Originally Posted by elissae 

Isn't it so fun!?!  I created the 8 x 1  photo book.  I realized this morning in the shower that I did not put Playa del Carmen anywhere on the book/cover or the resort name, but oh well!  No biggie...we will all know where we are/were.

As far as geting people to sign it, I may spread the word to the guests a few days prior to the wedding...just letting them know about the guest book and how there's fun things in there.  The majority of our guests are arriving Saturday and our wedding is Tuesday so I should be able to "spread the word."  I may also make an announcement at the reception as well and perhaps have some key friends even pass it around to sign.

That sounds like a great idea!  I think I will do the same and "spread the word" as well.  

#70 elissae

elissae
          • 631 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by jennifer8913 

I love your thread!!! So many great ideas!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Thank you, jennifer8913!  xoxo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users