Photo

Wyndham Viva Fortuna, Grand Bahama Island

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 WeddingsBahamas

WeddingsBahamas
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

This time of year 4:30 pm is really pushing it. But if you time it right and keep the service short you should be able to get great sunset photos at about 5:00 pm.

#32 LAtravelgirl

LAtravelgirl
    • 163 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Thanks, WeddingBahamas for the info. I had seen the sunset was scheduled for 5:20 or so next week. The Viva Fortuna has short services and I will not have n wedding party, so no time will be spent with hem walking in or special readings and such. Unfortunately the sunset is not visible from the beach, but hopefully we can still enjoy the warm colors it provides. What time does it actually get dark?

#33 WeddingsBahamas

WeddingsBahamas
      • 13 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

You don't want to go beyond 5:00 pm because 5:20 pm will be really dark...

#34 markandlisa

markandlisa
        • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Yes, I just received a message from the wedding coordinator and we will be moving the wedding up to 4:00pm. 

I also asked her about having an ipod plug on the CD player and they don't have one. I have decided to just go with their music. With 2 days to go before we leave I have too much other stuff to do :)

See you in the Bahamas Marisa. I look forward to meeting you :)

#35 WeddingsBahamas

WeddingsBahamas
          • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

Here is a video of what it looks like at sunset in the Bahamas - http://www.bahamas-destination-wedding.com/bahamassunset.html

Wishing you all the best and thank you for choosing to have your wedding in the Bahamas.

#36 kellip17

kellip17
            • Site Supporter
            • 64 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Hi girls.  I just wanted to chime in b/c I'm getting married in the Bahamas too, but on Exuma.  I think I'm the only bride getting married there but I'm totally ok with that.  lol.  The lack of tourists is part of the reason we love the island so much.  Who are you girls using for a photographer?  I have a feeling I'm going to be bringing someone over from Nassau so I'm open to any suggestions!

#37 markandlisa

markandlisa
              • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

Weddings Bahamas, thanks for the video. I am actually thinking I will move the wedding up to 3:30pm 

Thanks for the warm wishes :)

#38 markandlisa

markandlisa
                • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

Hi Kelli, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I am just using the photographer that is included in my package, it includes 10 photos. My daughter is a very good photographer so she will be taking a lot of the photos, and between all the guests there will be lots of pictures. 

I have a friend that goes to Exuma all the time, he posts facebook pics and it looks like a beautiful spot!! 

#39 markandlisa

markandlisa
                  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hi Marisa,

I found a couple of great websites of the resort. People that went to a wedding there just this past June. I thought you may be interested to look at them

http://katherinehann...in-the-bahamas/

http://www.maxflatow...-beach-wedding/

#40 WeddingsBahamas

WeddingsBahamas
                    • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Congratulation Kellip17 and thank you for choosing to have your wedding in the Bahamas. Here is a video of a beach wedding at the Sandals Resort in Exuma - http://www.bahamas-d...umaWedding.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users