Photo

-=-Seriously Considering RIU Guanacaste for April 2013 Wedding and Need Any/All Input-=-

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 yumii28

yumii28
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

Hi CR2013,

I just got back from Riu Guanacaste.  Let me just say, you better be on top of your wedding coordinators because they are pretty lazy and unorganized. At least thats how i felt.  It was the most important day but also the most stressful since there was an earthquake right before the wedding and it thunderstormed.  Hope your wedding goes smoothly.  Just stay on top of your coordinators!!

#12 DIEGO

DIEGO
    • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:25 AM

I have booked for FEB 2013 wedding and found that the prices for anything private is very expensive.

She quoted me open bar for $50 - eventhough it is all inclusive - and then the meal cost are comparible to North American prices - btwn $30 - 60$.

So to me it wasn't worth it.  You can ask you planner for a price sheet.  And remember that everything is extra: flowers, settings, dj etc etc  In the end we will be doing the semi private dinner and then renting a conference room for $300 to celebrate.

I hope this helps.

#13 FourNineteen

FourNineteen
      • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hi

I am an independent wedding planner with 10 years experience in destination weddings in the Guanacaste area... In these past few months, I have booked quite a few clients for 2013 weddings that are staying at the RIU but want something more private (sometimes the RIU has 3 different weddings going on in the same day...) Some people are OK with getting a fully packaged wedding, but some people like to customize things to what they really want, and I have found it that RIU is not very open to changes in what they offer. I wasn't aware that they charge you for food and beverage (even though they are all inclusive), but if you start adding up, you can have a great wedding in a more private place (between the two RIU hotels, there will be about 1500 hotel rooms in that beach for 2013)...

I guess I am just writing this because sometimes people don't know there are a lot of affordable options in the area to hold a wedding and reception...

#14 Sallee

Sallee
        • 255 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

I got married at the RIU Guanacaste and was not disappointed !!! I was in a small group of friends and loved every minute Message me any questions

#15 corbyc

corbyc
          • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Hi Sallee,

Your blogspot seems to be private.  Are these pics from your big day?  I would LOVE to see them since I am getting married there in 2 months.  Did you use Wedding Day Story for your photographer?

#16 Sallee

Sallee
            • 255 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

We did use wedding day story We are on their face book page and you can see a small selection of pics on mine x

#17 Gaici HE

Gaici HE
              • Banned
              • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:18 AM

2013 wedding, the best dress fashion is wearing Petite Wedding Dresses with long tail and decorate with an red crystal shoes...........

#18 katherine2043

katherine2043
                • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hello, I read your post and was wondering how did your wedding go at the RIU Costa Rica.  I also am considering to have our wedding at that location at the end of August this year.  I would appreciate any feedback.  Thank you!

Katherine 

#19 judi123

judi123
                  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

My daughter is getting married at the Riu Guanacaste over Thanksgiving.  Could you please send me a pricelist for the extras?    I appreciate your help.  Thanks.  Judi  My e-mail is judi.kase@yahoo.com

#20 aoliphant

aoliphant
                    • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

I am looking to get married here in June of 2014. Does anyone have pictures they could post for the sunset ceremony?  I would love to see some!!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users