April 2013, Sandals Grande Riviera Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:20 AM
Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:43 PM
I haven't been on in awhile--but I wanted to touch base with all those upcoming brides that have questions! I have a TON of information so I'd rather answer individual questions vs. giving every detail.
So Maria I will start with yours, find my answers below in red
1. What are some areas on the property that we should look at to get married on? There are probably about 6-7 different places you can choose from. Two difference gazebo's (one on each side of the resort), the beach, the pier (what we chose), church and a few others...I am forgetting. DON'T fret about this--you don't choose until the day after you get there when you do a walk through with your wedding coordinator.
2. We bought the ala cart photo sesion that gives us 18 prints or CD's, but I have NO IDEA what the pictures will look like! Does anyone have any pictures that the Sandals photographer had taken? I am not of much help here; we had a family photographer come and do our photos.
3. We have Butler service-Is it worth it? And WHAT exactly do they do?? Butlers....after all of our guests left we switched rooms to the butler sweet. I have to say, we wish we hadn't...it puts you further away from the ocean and it leaves you always calling your butler for a ride back to your room. There were some pro's but we're def more of self explorers.
4.Im getting my hair done at the salon, are they good?? They are good, just make sure you go with pictures and be picky about it--they will fix and re-do as many times as they need to.
5. What are some excursion that we should try or avoid? We did the Red Locks Catamaran cruise to Dunn's Rivers Falls--- DO IT! We had about 32 of our guests go with us the morning after the wedding and most said it was the best part of the trip!
6. We bought the candlelight dinner on the beach the day we get married as our little personal reception, is it worth it? I'm not of much help here....we paid for it but never got it--i'm still a little bummed.
7. What are some resturants that we must go to? We have a free candlelight dinner at a resturant of our choice, but not sure where we should go? Valentino's!! By far our favorite! They are all good and worth trying. Since we were there for 10 days we tried about everyone...
My biggest suggestion (now that I have gone through it) is DON'T WORRY! They do up to 9 weddings a day and they KNOW what they are doing! I wish now that I hadn't stressed nearly as much as I did. We had nearly 40 people and everything was PERFECT on our wedding day! Sit back and relax as much as possible! Have a few frozen bob marley's and call it good
Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:03 PM
whats in a frozen bob marley it sounds yummy im so excited i found this site breath of fresh air.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users