Haiku Mill Alternatives???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Volta

Volta
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hey all!

I've been trying to decide on a location for my destination wedding, and hawaii is near the top of the list. For the ceremony I wanted something very much like Haiku Mill (http://www.haikumill.com/) on Maui but was disappointed to find that just to rent the venue is $6,500 which is way out of my price range - especially for the small wedding we're planning to have.

We really wanted a "ruins" tropical/ancient architecture backdrop to our ceremony rather than the beach, but I've been unable to find anything like that on any of the islands while searching. Anyone know of any venue on any of the hawaii islands that has the feel of Haiku Mill w/out the huge price tag? Or a scenic "ruins" ceremony? We'll probably only have around 10 guests so paying 6500 for a venue just seems like overkill.

Our other options we're considering are St. Lucia (which looks beautiful but seems like there is less to do than Hawaii) or Belize (which looks awesome w/ the Mayan Temple weddings but seems like we'd have to stick to group tours and have less "freedom" to go off on our own).

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks so much!

~Scarlett

#2 sapphirebride

sapphirebride
    • 15 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hi Scarlett!

Did you end up finding anything with the same look/feel as the Haiku Mill? I'd love to know!

I'm considering the Haiku Mill at the moment. We almost booked the Cloisters in the Bahamas but again thats pretty pricey as well.

#3 hawaiibound2014

hawaiibound2014
      • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

@sapphirebride I had Haiku Mill as my first preference venue once we decided on Hawaii but it was over our budget. Instead we've decided on Moli'i Gardens at Kualoa Ranch (Oahu) and I'm thrilled. It means our guests can fly into Honolulu and we don't then have to ask them to fly to a different island!

#4 TAkathy

TAkathy
        • Insiders
        • 89 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

Here is another gorgeous venue on Oahu - it doesn't have ruins but it's in a beautiful valley near Kaneohe.

www.haikugardens.com

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
          AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
          Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users