Photo

In need of help finding a destination spot for my wedding.....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LulouLogan

LulouLogan
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

Hello,

I’m new to this website, and hopeful that someone can guide me in the right direction.  My heart is set on a destination wedding but I can’t decide on a location!!  I started off planning for Oahu, HI, but since I now live in the mid west (and my family is on the east coast), travel prices were way too much!  I was considering North Carolina (the Outer Banks) because most of my DC family would opt to take the road trip, but my fianc© / his family would need to fly in, and the closest airport is Norfolk, VA…  Too much of a hassle trying to get people to/from the hotel….  Next up, Folly Beach, SC, both families will most likely fly in, but I’m thinking if that’s the case I may as well go for the gusto and choose Florida!  I heard that most Florida destinations were a bit easier to plan offered better deals for destination weddings…  (Is that true?). 

With that being said…  Can anyone suggest a nice, classy hotel/resort to host a beach wedding and small cocktail reception for a good (meaning not too outrageous) price.  Family friendly, easy to travel to, experienced with destinations weddings and able to accommodate a crazy bride like myself, LOL!!

By the way, my destination wedding is also my honeymoon, if that makes a difference.  I need a place to say I Do and also vacation at the same time….

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!!!! 

#2 kerbear610

kerbear610
    • Site Supporter
    • 12 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

Florida is a great place to have a destination wedding, depending what part and what time of year you would like to get married. I am getting married in Key West next November, so it won't be too hot and humid. Any part of the Keys would be great. But also, I would look into Miami. Are you thinking a beach wedding? I have a lot of info on Key West Resorts if that might a place of interest for you. Good luck!

#3 JoyAnthony

JoyAnthony
      • Banned
      • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:44 AM

Try out Florida beach where you can find the best place with all wedding services easily like, Wedding planner,caterers,cakes,etc.

#4 emstypes

emstypes
        • 243 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

We're getting married on Siesta Key in Florida!  It's gorgeous white sand, absolutely beautiful!  I can recommend my wedding planner, Tammie Connor with Siesta Key Events, LLC.  Their website is www.siestakeyevents.com.  Tammie is absolutely fantastic and super friendly!  I can tell you I'm on a budget to stay around $5,000 and she's definitely helping me with it!  We're having a gorgeous ceremony on the beach and then having a nice dinner/reception at a restaurant just walking distance from the beach.  I'm having a very small guest list, it will only be between 20-25 of us.  We're also making this our honeymoon spot, but we aren't staying at a hotel/resort as a family friend is loaning us their vacation home.  But there are a handful of resorts on Siesta Key and close by as well.  Hope that helps!

#5 emstypes

emstypes
          • 243 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

P.S. I'm not that far from you... over in Pittsburgh!  And while I know it can vary, since we are in similar areas the flights were actually very affordable to get down to Florida.  (We're flying into Ft. Myers with AirTran nonstop for $136 each way).

Originally Posted by emstypes 

We're getting married on Siesta Key in Florida!  It's gorgeous white sand, absolutely beautiful!  I can recommend my wedding planner, Tammie Connor with Siesta Key Events, LLC.  Their website is www.siestakeyevents.com.  Tammie is absolutely fantastic and super friendly!  I can tell you I'm on a budget to stay around $5,000 and she's definitely helping me with it!  We're having a gorgeous ceremony on the beach and then having a nice dinner/reception at a restaurant just walking distance from the beach.  I'm having a very small guest list, it will only be between 20-25 of us.  We're also making this our honeymoon spot, but we aren't staying at a hotel/resort as a family friend is loaning us their vacation home.  But there are a handful of resorts on Siesta Key and close by as well.  Hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users