Photo

Anyone familiar with Maroma Beach Club?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lovefreddy

lovefreddy
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:05 PM

I really want to get married at Azul, but they will not accomodate me as I will have about 70 guests (they don't do wedding over 60). They recommended that I have my guests stay at Azul, and have my ceremony/reception at Maroma Beach Club about 10 minutes away. Any thoughts??
    *REMOVED DUE TO EXCESSIVE SIZE*

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:18 PM

I've not been there but I've recently read about it. It sounds nice and the beach is supposed to be awesome. Secrets is opening a resort on Maroma Beach next year too....I don't know if they do weddings?

#3 lovefreddy

lovefreddy
      • 148 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:01 AM

Thanks! The woman at Azul had actually suggested it and said that yes they do weddings there...but of course I can't find too many pics. Cross your fingers that this works out becasue I am soooo ready to pull my hair out!

*REMOVED DUE TO EXCESSIVE SIZE*

#4 nylalany

nylalany
        • 625 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:15 PM

They told me the same thing (re: guest size). Someone else on this forum mentioned doing a wedding at Maroma Beach Club too, although she hasn't done it yet either. I may go down for a site visit in December - if I do, I'll let you know how it is! Are you negotiating room rates w/Azul Beach? I guess the good thing is that if you have it at Maroma, not everyone has to stay at Azul Beach or pay a day pass fee (on the other hand, it is nice for everyone to be together).

#5 hope4bijou

hope4bijou
          • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

Hi, I in the process of planning a wedding at Maroma for March 2009. I believe if you're going to have a wedding there they require you to have 80% of your guests stay at their resort. Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users