Sign in to follow this  
lovefreddy

Anyone familiar with Maroma Beach Club?

I really want to get married at Azul, but they will not accomodate me as I will have about 70 guests (they don't do wedding over 60). They recommended that I have my guests stay at Azul, and have my ceremony/reception at Maroma Beach Club about 10 minutes away. Any thoughts??

I've not been there but I've recently read about it. It sounds nice and the beach is supposed to be awesome. Secrets is opening a resort on Maroma Beach next year too....I don't know if they do weddings?

Thanks! The woman at Azul had actually suggested it and said that yes they do weddings there...but of course I can't find too many pics. Cross your fingers that this works out becasue I am soooo ready to pull my hair out!

shots.gif

They told me the same thing (re: guest size). Someone else on this forum mentioned doing a wedding at Maroma Beach Club too, although she hasn't done it yet either. I may go down for a site visit in December - if I do, I'll let you know how it is! Are you negotiating room rates w/Azul Beach? I guess the good thing is that if you have it at Maroma, not everyone has to stay at Azul Beach or pay a day pass fee (on the other hand, it is nice for everyone to be together).

Hi, I in the process of planning a wedding at Maroma for March 2009. I believe if you're going to have a wedding there they require you to have 80% of your guests stay at their resort. Hope that helps.