Jump to content

Photo

Newbie Bride - Cancun Palace


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#11 Essential0929

Essential0929
  • Jr. Member
  • 236 posts

    Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:24 PM

    Thanks ladies for all of the welcome wishes!



    #12 Essential0929

    Essential0929
    • Jr. Member
    • 236 posts

      Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:26 PM


      Lindy S, that's so exciting! I can't wait to know how your wedding turns out. How has your experience been working with the Miami office?

      Originally Posted by Lindy S 

      We just had our date at Cancun Palace confirmed today! Febraury 24, 2012...Let the planning begin!



       



      #13 jenniferkuhr

      jenniferkuhr
      • Jr. Member
      • 162 posts

        Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

        Congrats on your engagement!

         

         

        Here’s a few things I’ve learned from wedding planning so far:

         

        1. Wedding colors are tricky.  I picked hard-to-find colors (coral and teal) and it seems everything comes in more basic colors like light blue, royal blue, navy, purple, pink, orange, green.  Just a thought to consider when choosing colors.
        2. Dance lessons!!!  This has been the MOST fun of preparing to get married.  Expensive…but SO worth it! 
        3. It IS possible to get an amazing but less expensive dress.  Keep searching.
        4. There is a reason people go with traditional bridesmaid dresses…they are easy to match with the rest of the bridal party.  I went with just regular gowns from Nordstrom’s and had to find out the hard way NOTHING comes in that color (coral!!!)
        5. DO NOT write anything about your registry on Save the Dates or Invitations….TACKY!  I thought this was a given (this advice is in every wedding book ever written…), but I’m finding tons of people are making this mistake and it just rubs guests the wrong way.


        #14 Essential0929

        Essential0929
        • Jr. Member
        • 236 posts

          Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

          Thanks Jennifer for the advice!

           

          We have selected purple and green for our colors, and I'm finding that matching the exact shades has been quite difficult. May I ask how many dance lessons you and your FI are taking? We are only listing the registry information on our wedding website, did you register for small items? I keep waffling on doing multiple registries.

          Originally Posted by jenniferkuhr 

          Congrats on your engagement!

           

           

          Here’s a few things I’ve learned from wedding planning so far:

           

          1. Wedding colors are tricky.  I picked hard-to-find colors (coral and teal) and it seems everything comes in more basic colors like light blue, royal blue, navy, purple, pink, orange, green.  Just a thought to consider when choosing colors.
          2. Dance lessons!!!  This has been the MOST fun of preparing to get married.  Expensive…but SO worth it! 
          3. It IS possible to get an amazing but less expensive dress.  Keep searching.
          4. There is a reason people go with traditional bridesmaid dresses…they are easy to match with the rest of the bridal party.  I went with just regular gowns from Nordstrom’s and had to find out the hard way NOTHING comes in that color (coral!!!)
          5. DO NOT write anything about your registry on Save the Dates or Invitations….TACKY!  I thought this was a given (this advice is in every wedding book ever written…), but I’m finding tons of people are making this mistake and it just rubs guests the wrong way.


           



          #15 Lindy S

          Lindy S
          • Jr. Member
          • 201 posts

            Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

            Working with the Miami office has not been too bad so far. It usually takes anywhere from 24-48 hours to get a response to my emails/questions. I've heard this is normal, so I was expecting it. Sometimes I get a same day response. I am talking with my coordinator now about our contract and making sure we have all the details about outside vendors in it before we sign it. It's due in 2 days...so I hope this all gets accomplished by then! I will let you know how it goes. Let me know if you have anymore questions! Have a good evening :)

             

            Originally Posted by Essential0929 


            Lindy S, that's so exciting! I can't wait to know how your wedding turns out. How has your experience been working with the Miami office?



             



             



            #16 Essential0929

            Essential0929
            • Jr. Member
            • 236 posts

              Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

              You can get all of your details in the contract in time. Let's definitely keep in touch throughout the process since there are so few Cancun Palace brides here. Have a great night.
               

              Originally Posted by Lindy S 

              Working with the Miami office has not been too bad so far. It usually takes anywhere from 24-48 hours to get a response to my emails/questions. I've heard this is normal, so I was expecting it. Sometimes I get a same day response. I am talking with my coordinator now about our contract and making sure we have all the details about outside vendors in it before we sign it. It's due in 2 days...so I hope this all gets accomplished by then! I will let you know how it goes. Let me know if you have anymore questions! Have a good evening :)

               



               



               



              #17 Lindy S

              Lindy S
              • Jr. Member
              • 201 posts

                Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

                Yes definitley let's keep in touch!



                #18 ecanja

                ecanja
                • Newbie
                • 11 posts

                  Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

                  Congrats on choosing Cancun Palace! I am getting married there on July 30th, 2011 so let me know if you have any questions or concerns! I've been in contact with Paola, the wedding coordinator, and I think I'm just about done with planning...until we meet in person when I arrive in Cancun.  This has definitely been a challenge trying to plan a wedding via email AND without visiting the space/resort so it would be so helpful to talk to someone who is going through the same experience :)   Hope to talk soon!



                  #19 Essential0929

                  Essential0929
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 236 posts

                    Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:59 AM


                    Thanks so much! Congrats to you as well, you're so close! I would like to know everything about your experience with the Cancun Palace. From the flowers, to the terrace locations, to the food, I would love to know everything! Do you have any information that you can share now?

                    Originally Posted by ecanja 

                    Congrats on choosing Cancun Palace! I am getting married there on July 30th, 2011 so let me know if you have any questions or concerns! I've been in contact with Paola, the wedding coordinator, and I think I'm just about done with planning...until we meet in person when I arrive in Cancun.  This has definitely been a challenge trying to plan a wedding via email AND without visiting the space/resort so it would be so helpful to talk to someone who is going through the same experience :)   Hope to talk soon!



                     



                    #20 ecanja

                    ecanja
                    • Newbie
                    • 11 posts

                      Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

                      Absolutely!  I've been in contact with Paola for about a month and she has been pretty good about responding to my questions (I literally email her a question everyday so I’m sure she is super annoyed of me :).  This is what I have decided for the wedding so far: 

                       

                      Flowers: There weren’t too many options to choose from for the flowers (Lilies and roses).  So, I decided to go with white Lilies for the bride bouquet and bridesmaid’s bouquet.  I had originally sent Paola a picture of the flowers (type and color) I wanted but the upgrade was a little spending.  I am also ordering 2 vases of flowers for the ceremony but no flowers for the tables.  I am going to bring lots of candles and table decorations instead of flowers....I wasn’t too impressed with the pictures she sent me of the flower centerpieces.

                       

                      Music: I purchased a violinist to play at the ceremony and gave Paola my song requests for her to share with the violinist.  I also purchased a Mexican Trio for the cocktail hour because, well, when in Rome (aka Mexico)!  As for the reception, Paola sent me information for audio options (DJ’s, sound system, ect).  I received quotes from 2 different companies and decided to go with JSAV out of Cancun Palace since Carlos was the quickest to respond and seemed very professional.  We are only having 38 guests so I decided to purchase a sound system with microphones, speakers, and an iPod holder for music instead of a DJ. The DJ’s were kind of expensive, plus we have full control of the music we want to play.  I’ll let you know how that goes:)  I also added on lights for the dance floor to make it more fun.

                       

                      Location:  I choose the breeze terrace for the cocktail hour/reception.  This was a difficult decision for me since I’ve never been to Cancun Palace and have no idea what the space looks like but after reading and chatting with a BDW bride who got married at Cancun Palace, she recommended this space.  The only thing I’m a little hesitant about it how close it is to the rooms but she said it didn’t seem to bother her or anyone else....I guess the guests will have to get used to the loud dancing music right next to their rooms :)   I choose the infinity terrace for our rehearsal dinner, again because of her recommendation for this space.

                       

                      Food: We are having the Italian buffet for the rehearsal dinner (my fianc©s parent’s choice) and the BBQ buffet for the reception.  I figured everyone will have lots of Mexican food while in Mexico and I love bbq so that’s why I choose the BBQ option.  

                       

                      Well, I bet I missed something but please let me know if you have any more questions! 

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users