Punta Cana Brides - Is Anyone Getting Their Cake From Someone Outside of the Resort?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vcwedding2011

• 286 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hi Ladies,

I am not happy with the pictures of the cakes the Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has shared.

My family is from Dominican Republic.  For us, the cake at any event, is a big deal and the focus of much to talk about EVERY TIME.

Anyway, I don't want an ugly cake since i have BIG plans for decorating my cake table.

The hotel said I could bring in my own if I wanted to.  I also think that it would also be cheaper to get it done local. $5 a person seemed high to me based on local prices.

Is anyone considering this?  If so, do you know of any local bakers that I should reach out to?

#2 Chema Mendez

Chema Mendez
    • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

Hi V,

I'm glad to tell you my family runs a local bakery & pastry shop in Bavaro, Punta Cana. We are originally from Spain and had this business for about 12 years. The name of the bakery/pastry/coffee shop is Las LeĀ±as.

My mother is the owner, and she has been doing wedding cakes for a few years now. (She's getting really good)

Let me know if you'd like to see more pictures, pricing, flavors, ingredients, etc.

Here are a few pictures of the latest cakes we've done, these are all from april-may of this year:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users