Photo

Riu Palace Punta Cana 2012

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#91 kristen6212

kristen6212
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

Soo exciting!!! Best of luck! Can't wait to hear how everything goes!!!

#92 swojdyla

swojdyla
    • 184 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

It's your wedding day!!! Congrats!! Hope you had an amazing day! Can't wait to hear all about it!

#93 MeaganCullen

MeaganCullen
      • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

HI! I am considering Riu Palace or Majestic Elegance for our wedding next June 2012.  How much of a difference in price is it between the two? What have your conversations been like with the staff and WC there? Are you having your ceremony translated? Or did you find an English speaking priest? Hope to hear from you soon :)

Meagan

#94 kristen6212

kristen6212
        • 184 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hi Meagan!

Congrats!  I am getting married at Riu Palace June 2, 2012.  We also looked into Majestic Elegance but  the prices to have a private ceremony were too expensive for us, although the hotel does look amazing and I've heard nothing but great reviews about it.  We both really wanted a private reception.  My conversations with the wc have been very good, I am working with Maria and she is great.  The wedding coordinators are Maria and Magnolia, they are sisters.  We will have our ceremony translated and am in the process of trying to book someone. I don't want it in spanish and not know what they are saying haha

Good luck and let us know what you decide! Happy Planning!

#95 swojdyla

swojdyla
          • 184 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

Hey Kristen, the riu booked my english speaking priest for me. I'm not getting married til April 2011 but I'm hoping all goes well. I'm still worried about the whole marriage certificate formalities

#96 kristen6212

kristen6212
            • 184 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

Thanks swojdyla, I'm def going to have to ask them to do the same for me.  Worried about how long it takes to get the marriage certificate?

#97 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
              • 178 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

I find it kind of odd that they don't provide a translator for your ceremony.

My hotel did and I was under the impression that most of them did as well.

As far as getting your marriage certificate - my WC said you will get it at about 2-3 months after.

Originally Posted by kristen6212 

Hi Meagan!

Congrats!  I am getting married at Riu Palace June 2, 2012.  We also looked into Majestic Elegance but  the prices to have a private ceremony were too expensive for us, although the hotel does look amazing and I've heard nothing but great reviews about it.  We both really wanted a private reception.  My conversations with the wc have been very good, I am working with Maria and she is great.  The wedding coordinators are Maria and Magnolia, they are sisters.  We will have our ceremony translated and am in the process of trying to book someone. I don't want it in spanish and not know what they are saying haha

Good luck and let us know what you decide! Happy Planning!

#98 swojdyla

swojdyla
                • 184 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

So what kind of shoes did ppl wear or planning on wearing? I'm freaking out haha pictures appreciated!

#99 kristen6212

kristen6212
                  • 184 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:03 AM

I am going to be barefoot during the ceremony and wear heels for the reception, although I'm sure they'll be coming off halfway through!  The heels will be more  for pictures.  What are you thinking of wearing?  Where are you having your ceremony?

#100 kristen6212

kristen6212
                    • 184 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:07 AM

I wish there were more Riu Palace brides! Swojdyla I feel like you and I are the only ones! haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users