Jump to content

Photo

Pics of Beaches Sandy Bay & Negril Available


  • Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#41 1783lovely

1783lovely
  • Newbie
  • 20 posts

    Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:07 AM

    Hello I am getting married in on september 3, 2011 at beaches sandy bay. I am leaving on the 31 and arriving on 1 I can"t wait . I have 20 booked so we getting the free rehearsal dinner . When I started planning I choose the bb package then later I choose the flutter romance package it made sense to me because the colors of my wedding are fuschia and turquoise. But now as of today I think it was a waste I could have made it work with the bb package. I was going to use there photography package for $1400 but i decided this week to use my own photography which was a better deal . I booked him for three days Friday for the dinner, saturday the wedding day and suday am planning on taking my guests on a party cruise so he will take picture for that too. For his air + hotel and his price he charging came up to $ 1600 which is a great deal and am getting more pictures. I choose the two hours reception which is 50 dollars a person including the bride and groom. So for 20 people we paided about $1000 , we booked the dj for 2 hrs. $500 . Music and entertainment is important to me so I decided on the two hours dj this week. I am bring many other items with me to add to the wedding and that is$ 250 for them to set up for you. We have to get 2 additional table which that was $200 so depending on how many guests you have you are going to need more tables, 1 table for free. Bages of roses for the beach $ 60.00 added cupcakes because I love cupcakes 2 dozen for $72. 8 tiki torchrses for $120. So that is a break down of my wedding , when I get back I will write a review and I will take pics Of everything. So chole was my wedding planning she was pretty good nice but hard to get on the phone. Had to email more . These last couple of weeks really hard to get her because she was sick. You do not have to pay everything off ex flowers 60 days for wedding you can pay when you arrived. I am giving my guests ot bags and paying for a cruise for sunday which is 50 dollars a person. I can't wait I would love to get ideas because I only have two weeks can't believe it .

    #42 Sllefebvr

    Sllefebvr
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,008 posts

      Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

      What exactly is the "free rehearsal dinner"?
       

      Originally Posted by 1783lovely 

      Hello I am getting married in on september 3, 2011 at beaches sandy bay. I am leaving on the 31 and arriving on 1 I can"t wait . I have 20 booked so we getting the free rehearsal dinner . When I started planning I choose the bb package then later I choose the flutter romance package it made sense to me because the colors of my wedding are fuschia and turquoise. But now as of today I think it was a waste I could have made it work with the bb package. I was going to use there photography package for $1400 but i decided this week to use my own photography which was a better deal . I booked him for three days
      Friday for the dinner, saturday the wedding day and suday am planning on taking my guests on a party cruise so he will take picture for that too. For his air + hotel and his price he charging came up to $ 1600 which is a great deal and am getting more pictures.
      I choose the two hours reception which is 50 dollars a person including the bride and groom. So for 20 people we paided about $1000 , we booked the dj for 2 hrs. $500 . Music and entertainment is important to me so I decided on the two hours dj this week. I am bring many other items with me to add to the wedding and that is$ 250 for them to set up for you. We have to get 2 additional table which that was $200 so depending on how many guests you have you are going to need more tables, 1 table for free. Bages of roses for the beach $ 60.00 added cupcakes because I love cupcakes 2 dozen for $72. 8 tiki torchrses for $120. So that is a break down of my wedding , when I get back I will write a review and I will take pics Of everything.
      So chole was my wedding planning she was pretty good nice but hard to get on the phone. Had to email more . These last couple of weeks really hard to get her because she was sick. You do not have to pay everything off ex flowers 60 days for wedding you can pay when you arrived.
      I am giving my guests ot bags and paying for a cruise for sunday which is 50 dollars a person.
      I can't wait I would love to get ideas because I only have two weeks can't believe it .

       


       



      #43 1783lovely

      1783lovely
      • Newbie
      • 20 posts

        Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

        When you have 10 people booked under wedding party they provided rehearsal dinner for two hours

        #44 Sllefebvr

        Sllefebvr
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,008 posts

          Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:30 AM

          do they provide for the dinner? Is it private?!?

          Originally Posted by 1783lovely 

          When you have 10 people booked under wedding party they provided rehearsal dinner for two hours


           



          #45 FutureMrzMalone

          FutureMrzMalone
          • Newbie
          • 91 posts

            Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:03 AM


            YOU ARE AMAZING!, and soo helpful.I am on a limited budget as well. A lot of ladies have told me not to feel presure to book as well because they will try and pressure me into things. I did have another question though. If you stay 6 nights or more isn't the BB package free?
             

            Originally Posted by stluciabound 

            Hey ladies! @Future MrzMalone: My friend was working with a pretty limited budget and a fairly small guest list (about 12 or so) and did the BB theme with a one hour reception. She used a hybrid of a dj and their Ipod. It came out great! The h'ourderves (I know I spelled that totally wrong, sorry ;) were very good, they had champagne ready for all of us, the servers/bartenders were excellent and attentive (I think there was almost more of them than us!!). They made everything very personal,included some local Jamaican touches, and provided a microphone for speeches. I really can't say a bad thing about any of it. For her situation I thought the timing was fine, they kept everything flowing but we never felt rushed. We all then went to the fancier of the restaurants and all sat together and had an excellent meal. Depending on the amount of guests you are having and how important it is to you to have your dinner very private, the 2 hour may be the better option. I am sure the 3 hour is very nice,but honestly, with how much fun the resort is I don't know that it would be worth the extra money, unless of course you really had a lot of guests. For our wedding next April I think I am aiming for the 2 hour with a steel drum band (just spoke with another bride who really enjoyed them, and they do play everything current and any requests). I am also going to do the BB theme, but with upgrades such as a flower petal aisle, arch, and paper lanterns, etc. I think it is a lot more economical especially since the other themes are $500 each added table whereas BB is only $100. That way you only pay for what is really important to you and plus you can mix and match. Also, don't let them pressure you into booking ASAP, because they are going to want deposits and payments, which is silly considering it is never too late to add anything, even once you arrive!

             

            On a side note,I don't know how many of you had had the opportunity to visit any Sandals or Beaches resorts before, but you are in for a treat. This will be my third trip and I am hooked. From the moment you arrive with a silver platter of champagne and cool wash cloths during check-in, to how special they make you feel at every encounter, you won't want to come home. I know I never do when I am there and am always planning my next trip in my mind before I even leave. I know I mentioned it before, but try to make your way to Rick's Cafe and the Catamaran cruise, they were so awesome! We also did the ziplining, which was a blast. Congrats and good luck to all of you and let me know if you have any other questions!!!



             


            My Royal Carribean Wedding 12/8/12

            20 booked at Beaches Sandy Bay........... AND COUNTING!!!!


            #46 FutureMrzMalone

            FutureMrzMalone
            • Newbie
            • 91 posts

              Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:21 AM



              Sllefebvr the free rehersal dinner is just like a dinner we would have back at home, I think. Except I think it is private. Stluciabound please feel free to chime in and correct me if I am wrong. :-) Also I meant to response to your question about my rates. So were are going in Decemeber of next year and because it's consider "peak season" your rates might be different. I locked in the group rate of 803.00 pp for a single 504.00 pp for a double, 425.00 pp for a triple and 385.00 per person for the quad. I do know a lovely lady on this board by the name of onelovemon got something different because she is going in in July. So I think it depends on the time you are traveling. :-) If you have a TA already ask him/and her to see if they can get a quote for next Junes prices I am ALMOST positive that they could. :-)

              Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

              What exactly is the "free rehearsal dinner"?
               



               



              1783 Lovely... LOVE IT!!!!! I love all your ideas for your wedding and they seem very cost effective. :-) Welcome to our board. :-) I can't wait until you come back. As far as ott bags there was a thread on here that one of the ladies started a while back showing us her oot bags that she made. She basically put things in there that were simple to find back her in the US but not over in Jamaica, or that was super expensive. For example made them all personalized door hangers, she put pepto bismol, tums and tylenol in their baga as well. She also put in sunscreen and bandaids. She said that her guest loved it. Those would be some ideas. I think it really depends on what things you want to go in there as far as like fun things such as favors or just simple things. I hope this helps. :-)



              Originally Posted by 1783lovely 

              Hello I am getting married in on september 3, 2011 at beaches sandy bay. I am leaving on the 31 and arriving on 1 I can"t wait . I have 20 booked so we getting the free rehearsal dinner . When I started planning I choose the bb package then later I choose the flutter romance package it made sense to me because the colors of my wedding are fuschia and turquoise. But now as of today I think it was a waste I could have made it work with the bb package. I was going to use there photography package for $1400 but i decided this week to use my own photography which was a better deal . I booked him for three days
              Friday for the dinner, saturday the wedding day and suday am planning on taking my guests on a party cruise so he will take picture for that too. For his air + hotel and his price he charging came up to $ 1600 which is a great deal and am getting more pictures.
              I choose the two hours reception which is 50 dollars a person including the bride and groom. So for 20 people we paided about $1000 , we booked the dj for 2 hrs. $500 . Music and entertainment is important to me so I decided on the two hours dj this week. I am bring many other items with me to add to the wedding and that is$ 250 for them to set up for you. We have to get 2 additional table which that was $200 so depending on how many guests you have you are going to need more tables, 1 table for free. Bages of roses for the beach $ 60.00 added cupcakes because I love cupcakes 2 dozen for $72. 8 tiki torchrses for $120. So that is a break down of my wedding , when I get back I will write a review and I will take pics Of everything.
              So chole was my wedding planning she was pretty good nice but hard to get on the phone. Had to email more . These last couple of weeks really hard to get her because she was sick. You do not have to pay everything off ex flowers 60 days for wedding you can pay when you arrived.
              I am giving my guests ot bags and paying for a cruise for sunday which is 50 dollars a person.
              I can't wait I would love to get ideas because I only have two weeks can't believe it .

               


               


              My Royal Carribean Wedding 12/8/12

              20 booked at Beaches Sandy Bay........... AND COUNTING!!!!


              #47 FutureMrzMalone

              FutureMrzMalone
              • Newbie
              • 91 posts

                Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:22 AM

                Oh I just wanted to say thank you ladies for keep this Sandy Bay board alive. :-) Keep all the questions and ideas coming!!! :-)


                My Royal Carribean Wedding 12/8/12

                20 booked at Beaches Sandy Bay........... AND COUNTING!!!!


                #48 Sllefebvr

                Sllefebvr
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,008 posts

                  Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:00 AM

                  What is the length of time for the stay with those prices? I'm actually getting married in 2013 so they won't give me prices until this December.. It stinks!!
                   

                  Originally Posted by FutureMrzMalone 



                  Sllefebvr the free rehersal dinner is just like a dinner we would have back at home, I think. Except I think it is private. Stluciabound please feel free to chime in and correct me if I am wrong. :-) Also I meant to response to your question about my rates. So were are going in Decemeber of next year and because it's consider "peak season" your rates might be different. I locked in the group rate of 803.00 pp for a single 504.00 pp for a double, 425.00 pp for a triple and 385.00 per person for the quad. I do know a lovely lady on this board by the name of onelovemon got something different because she is going in in July. So I think it depends on the time you are traveling. :-) If you have a TA already ask him/and her to see if they can get a quote for next Junes prices I am ALMOST positive that they could. :-)



                  1783 Lovely... LOVE IT!!!!! I love all your ideas for your wedding and they seem very cost effective. :-) Welcome to our board. :-) I can't wait until you come back. As far as ott bags there was a thread on here that one of the ladies started a while back showing us her oot bags that she made. She basically put things in there that were simple to find back her in the US but not over in Jamaica, or that was super expensive. For example made them all personalized door hangers, she put pepto bismol, tums and tylenol in their baga as well. She also put in sunscreen and bandaids. She said that her guest loved it. Those would be some ideas. I think it really depends on what things you want to go in there as far as like fun things such as favors or just simple things. I hope this helps. :-)





                   



                   



                  #49 FutureMrzMalone

                  FutureMrzMalone
                  • Newbie
                  • 91 posts

                    Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:49 AM



                    The length of stay is for 3 nights 4 days. They will arrive on the 7th and leave on the 10th. Although you are getting married in 2013 they still would have the rates for next year so that way you can see what the estimate during that specific month. My TA was able to get me next years rate back in like May. Which was almost 20 months before my wedding date. She also just looked for Decmember 2011 rates and gave me a rough estimate.

                    Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

                    What is the length of time for the stay with those prices? I'm actually getting married in 2013 so they won't give me prices until this December.. It stinks!!
                     



                     



                     


                    My Royal Carribean Wedding 12/8/12

                    20 booked at Beaches Sandy Bay........... AND COUNTING!!!!


                    #50 FutureMrzMalone

                    FutureMrzMalone
                    • Newbie
                    • 91 posts

                      Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

                      When you say "wedding party' are you referring to bridesmaid, groomsman etc? If so then what if you don't have a wedding party? I am not having one. I was told that you could use that as your welcome dinner. Is that true?


                      My Royal Carribean Wedding 12/8/12

                      20 booked at Beaches Sandy Bay........... AND COUNTING!!!!





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users