Photo

Has anyone experienced bringing in an outside DJ to the Moon Palace, Cancun, Mexico??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 smanriquez

smanriquez
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

Hello.. I'm getting married at the Moon Palace in Cancun, Mexico on 4/30/2011.  I've got some amazing reviews on DJ Mannia.  I know that the Moon Palace does not allow outside vendors unless they are staying at the resort. 

Has anyone had any experience with bringing in their own DJ at the Moon Palace??

#2 CynLovesLuis

CynLovesLuis
    • Banned
    • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

I read on another thread that they asked a bride to purchase some ridiculous insurance if she was going to have an outside DJ...has anyonen else heard of this?!?! I booked DiscoMovil and am now scared out of my mind

#3 smanriquez

smanriquez
      • 53 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

Hi CynLovesLuis,

The Moon Palace sent me their policy and it's insane!  So, it does look like they allow outside DJ's however their FEE'S to do this are ridiculous!!  I've been in contact with another bride that just had her wedding at the Moon Palace about 2 weeks ago.  She said there are ways to get around the fees, but you just have to be stern.  I showed her the policy that my WC sent me and she said that must be new because all she paid the Moon Palace was a flat fee of $250.00. 

PM me and I'll send you the email exchange between the bride and myself.  She was so helpfull with her responses.

#4 CynLovesLuis

CynLovesLuis
        • Banned
        • 223 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:06 PM

thanks so much for the offer!

Originally Posted by smanriquez 

Hi CynLovesLuis,

The Moon Palace sent me their policy and it's insane!  So, it does look like they allow outside DJ's however their FEE'S to do this are ridiculous!!  I've been in contact with another bride that just had her wedding at the Moon Palace about 2 weeks ago.  She said there are ways to get around the fees, but you just have to be stern.  I showed her the policy that my WC sent me and she said that must be new because all she paid the Moon Palace was a flat fee of $250.00. 

PM me and I'll send you the email exchange between the bride and myself.  She was so helpfull with her responses.

#5 FutureMrsBeachXO

FutureMrsBeachXO
          • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:53 PM

I'm getting married at the MP April 9,2011 and am trying to figure out what the best option is for music during the reception. Any tips or advice on what the DJ is like through MP would be great. Also, is is best to bring your own music for the ceremony? I'm worried about timing if I have to do it myself.

#6 smanriquez

smanriquez
            • 53 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by FutureMrsBeachXO 

I'm getting married at the MP April 9,2011 and am trying to figure out what the best option is for music during the reception. Any tips or advice on what the DJ is like through MP would be great. Also, is is best to bring your own music for the ceremony? I'm worried about timing if I have to do it myself.

By what I read on other threads, Moon Palace DJ is way over priced and not very good.  I think they charge about $1,400 for 3 hours.  That's ridiculous!  You can do an ipod and rent the MP's equipment (i.e speakers, microphone, etc) and assign someone at your wedding to be in charge of the music for you.  It's the last thing you want to worry about on your beautiful day.  Check out some other threads on the MP DJ. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users