Photo

Riu Palace Paradise Island - Bride to be and NERVOUS!!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Tina486

Tina486
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:15 AM

Hello Ladies! I'm getting married on 10/8/11 at Riu as well. I'm so happy to find you guys =)

We're getting a royal package and debating if I should upgrade to private dinner. But I have no idea how much that cost.

Lou: What's semi-private dinner like? Did they block some sections for you guys?

Thanks,

Tina

#12 swojdyla

swojdyla
    • 184 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:35 PM

Hi Tina,

I haven't booked my wedding yet but I'm pretty sure RIU Bahamas is the place we want.  I found a girl who got married there and she had nothing but great things to say. I don't think it's that much more for the private dinner and I think it would totally be worth it. How many people are attending your wedding? We usually stay at RIUs all over and I have had wedding dinners go on like right next to us. No my idea of intimiate. That being said I have never been to the Bahamas RIU so I'm taking a leap of faith!

Questions for you....are you bringing welcome bags or centerpieces? Just wanted to see what someone else was doing.

Let me know how everything goes! Best of luck!!!  

~Stacy

#13 Tina486

Tina486
      • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

Hi Stacy! Nice to meet you =)

I stayed at Cancun Riu Palace last year and I love it!! That's why I picked Riu Palace in Bahamas even though I never been there. The wedding planner told me she doesn't work with brides until 1 month before. I thought that was kinda weird since I have lot of questions...  We're bringing welcome bags.

Have you pick our your wedding dress yet?

Thanks,

Tina

#14 swojdyla

swojdyla
        • 184 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

Yeah I have heard that too! They seem to like to do things last minute haha. Hopefully they have done enough weddings that they know what they are doing!! No I haven't looked for a dress yet. We are looking to get married May 2012.  We just decided on RIU Bahamas, so that is definitely my next step! I can't wait! Have you decided on a dress? I still want something really nice, I'm thinking a mermaid dress! Best of luck to you! ~Stacy

#15 Tina486

Tina486
          • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

I'm going to dress shopping on 04/02/11. I can't wait =)

#16 swojdyla

swojdyla
            • 184 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

Best of luck!! Let me know what kind of style you pick! How many guests are you hoping to have?

#17 KCABERTE

KCABERTE
              • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm still deciding on if I should have my wedding at RIU or just rent out a villa and having my party stay there and having the reception/wedding all at the villa or have it at the RIU. I just have a couple questions, if anyone can help me.  Does anyone know how much we get off on the rooms if we decide to have our wedding at RIU? When I emailed them questions, all they did was send me a reservation code to book within 7 days. And when do you know where your receptions is going to be? When you arrive?

Thank you!

#18 Tina486

Tina486
                • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

Hi Jennifer,

Congratulation! Nice to meet you. I'm getting married on October this year. I'm debating if I should upgrade to private dinner. Did you pick out your dress yet? Are you doing welcome bags or wedding favors or both?

Thanks,

Tina

#19 swojdyla

swojdyla
                  • 184 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

Question... is anyone considering getting married on the terrace at the RIU Paradise Island? I am a little concerned because with my research I see that the beach ceremony entails you walking down a mountain of stairs!! I really wanted a gazebo wedding but they don't have a gazebo at the RIU paradise island. So I was wondering if the terrace in a good backup plan? HELP!!

#20 viclee1117

viclee1117
                    • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:12 PM

So far this resort sounds great for a destination wedding but is it children oriented?

For Loua4~congrats on your wedding do you have any prices to post (total)? The cheaper the better for me I would like to avoid the extras but will if it's worth it (like the photographer)

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users