Sign in to follow this  
CruiseBride2011

Shaw Park

Hey Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone is or has been to a wedding in Shaw Park in Ocho Rios, Jamaica? If so what did you think? Myself and my fiance Bryan are getting married there next May 12th 2011.

Thanks,

Laura cheesy.gif

We were married on the beach but at Shaw Park Beach Resort which is different from the park.  That's why I asked :).  Make sure when you get the taxi off the ship to specify which one you want.  We specified the resort and he still thought we were going to the park which is a ways away.  Have a great cruise and wedding!!

I thought the location was okay.  The people there are so wonderful I keep going back to that.  It down poured on our wedding day so I didn't get to see it with the beautiful blue sky and blue ocean background.  It was all gray and wet for us.  The staff were all truly amazing!  They did everything they could to make it better and special for us.  The taxi ride was maybe 10 minutes?  Depends on traffic.  We were married in the 1 p.m. hour and I did feel rushed to get back to the ship by 3:30-4:00.  I would recommend scheduling the ceremony earlier then 1 p.m.