Photo

Holguin wedding!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 delsolarie

delsolarie
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

Hi all, my wedding plans fell through (was planning to do something at Marea del Portillo but sunwing has proven to be a nightmare to deal with and I refuse to deal with them any further).  I'm wanting to have a wedding at one of the Holguin resorts that have wedding packages (Playa Pesquero or Playa Costa Verde).  The problem is that a number of our guests will not be able to afford the few hundred dollars extra to stay at these resorts.  So I have two questions for those who have had wedding experience with either of these resorts:

1. how does pricing work if you don't meet the 16-20 person minimum for the wedding packages?

2. how does pricing work for those coming from other resorts? 

If it helps, we're hoping for an April 18, 2011 wedding.  I also have a few more general questions about either resorts:

1. how is their vegetarian food?

2. do you get to choose the menu for the reception?

3. do they allow you to bring your own photographer? 

thanks for any advice!

#2 jprincess

jprincess
    • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

Hi

I'm getting married on April 16, 2011 at Sol Rio De Luna Y Mares in Guardalavaca (not too far from Holguin),  I'm bringing my own photographer, if you end up booking your wedding for April 18th we can share a photographer if you interested (will save u money).  I cannot answer all your questions but you should talk to your travel agent, they should get you all that info.

#3 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
      • Vendor
      • 2,782 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:42 AM

I can only answer about the food,but vegetarian food in Cuba is not that good(feedback from 4 of my vegetarian clients)

#4 elisamarie

elisamarie
        • 222 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

Hi , I see that your wedding has passed ( hope it was amazing!) but if any future brides are wondering about this, I traveled to Sol Rio de Luna y Mares in January 2011 and I eat no red meat ( only chicken and fish) but I found there to be much selection even if you were a complete vegetarian. I`m not fussy about food but there was a wide selection of vegetables, fruits, pastas and other meals that a vegetarian could eat and be satisfied. I `ve been to Varadero in the past and had a hard time finding food, but in Holguin it was never a problem. Hope this helps someone!

Getting married at Playa Pesquero! - 35 booked!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users