Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

wedding cetificate/licence help

Recommended Posts

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the procedure of the wedding certificate and/or licence? Do you have to get it in Canada first and mail it there, bring it there? Is the certificate the same thing or different, does it have to be translated later to english?

Any help would be great.

Thanks Kim 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kim,

Are you planning to have a legal ceremony, or a symbolic (which means that you are not legally married)? For the symbolic, most couples get married by the justice of peace, or a minister at home prior to the ceremony to make it legal (this is the easy way, but not as exciting in my opinion). If you want to have a legal marriage ceremony in Dominican you need to have some documentation translated and legalized. It sounds like a lot of work, but its not really that bad. If you visit the below website, it tells you step by step what you need to do...

If you have any questions, just email or call them...they are wonderful to work with...and they are very quick at getting your documents back to you...

We used the first link...








If you visit the certificate tab on the first link, you will see that in order to be able to change your name with some organizations the certificate does need to be translated and legalized by the Dominican embasy in Canada...

If you need more details, please let me know.

Hope this helps!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • i was 100% happy with my cake! it was the most amazing cake and when i travel down again i will be requesting a smaller size cake than the one she made me for my 25th anniversary renewal.  I did everything by FB messanger and Paypal! she is on point with her cakes and running her business! I give her 5 Stars and then some! Thank you for making my day amazing!
    • Did you have to contact photo editing services?
    • I purchased a suit from Studio Suits in spring 2019.  I looked around everywhere because I was looking for a specific color which wasn't easy to find, so when I found it on their website I read all the info on their website where they claim to deliver high quality suits, premium material, great tailoring, etc. It couldn't be more false. First of all the company is from INDIA and you won't find out until you receive the package. You order from Stu Suits and receive the package from Harry Suits. I received a suit that was at least two sizes bigger, the shoulders where different one from another, the hamming on the ankles was visible and poorly done.The quality of the fabric was extremely mediocre. The lining looked and felt cheap, no attention to details and no mention anywhere of the kind of material.  When I placed the order I did not receive any welcoming email, but simply one stating my measurements were  not correct and I needed to pay for a trial suit 99$. I re took the measurements and confirmed them. They simply replied saying "all sales are final". When I placed the order they said it would take them 6 weeks to deliver the "custom made suit". I received it within ten days, why? because it wasn't custom at all. I can't stress enough how bad the quality of their product and service is. There are so many other services that can deliver so much better quality for less than what this con company asks for. Hope this can help you folks
    • Karla Casillas is dishonest and a liar . DO NOT USE her . She will be the missing wedding planner on your wedding day . After being paid in full she did not show up and texted  that she is sick . We had to take over  to save the wedding of 150 guests at Grand Velas . Cabo  MISSING WEDDING PLANNER.
    • You might consider underground studio Puerto Vallarta. They are a young coupe doing an excellent Job at affordable rates.
  • Topics

  • Create New...