Gran Porto Real Brides - Post here!!

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#21 primavera

primavera
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

You're welcome! :)

Oh wow, you're getting married soon! How exciting!!

I felt the same way about the ballroom at first, but now I'm considering it...we'll see....I don't even know what it looks like yet :) I like that the resort is so central, that if our group want to continue partying after the reception there should be plenty of options in PDC.

What wedding package did all of you choose?

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#22 BecaJ

BecaJ
    • 75 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:29 AM

What wedding package did all of you choose?

I don't know if my package is through my TA or with the hotel itself, but I had 3 to choose from and I chose the middle one, can't remember the name of it now. The only major difference between them was the reception. All of them came with the basics like flowers, cake, the ceremony etc etc.

The 1st one didn't offer any reception, the middle one offered 15 head semi-private, and the 3rd one had 30 head private reception. Im only going to have about 16 or so guests so I went for the middle one. It's only $10 per head to add an extra person so I thought that worked out more cost effective for me. x

#23 primavera

primavera
      • 428 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:48 AM

Yes, you're probably right. I have no clue how many guests we will have since we haven't spread the word yet.

#24 kj1606

kj1606
        • 15 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:00 PM

we are doing the "classic wedding" and then having to upgrade for a private reception... we are likely going to have between 60 and 90 guests.  i don't think the gran porto does any group benefits though, unfortunately!

#25 Dilara

Dilara
          • 233 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

We went with the Eternal Romance package and upgraded to a private reception on the beach. We're expecting about 30 people so it works out great.

#26 primavera

primavera
            • 428 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by kj1606 

we are doing the "classic wedding" and then having to upgrade for a private reception... we are likely going to have between 60 and 90 guests.  i don't think the gran porto does any group benefits though, unfortunately!

Wow! 60-90 guests!! I hope we get that many too :) I really need to secure a date soon. Still waiting for my TA to get back to me.

Originally Posted by Dilara 

We went with the Eternal Romance package and upgraded to a private reception on the beach. We're expecting about 30 people so it works out great.

Eternal seems perfect if you are about 30 ppl. I have been looking at that package as well.

#27 Dilara

Dilara
              • 233 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

I liked the little 'extras' in the Eternity package... I figured we would've paid for some those anyways so why not get the package that includes them, right? ;)

#28 primavera

primavera
                • 428 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

Yes, I agree. I'll probably go for the eternal package as well. It includes your mani, pedi & hair too!! :) Do you know how much it is to upgrade from semi-private reception to a private one?

#29 Dilara

Dilara
                  • 233 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:05 PM

It's $15pp for up to 30 hotel guests so I budgeted for an extra $450. We'll probably spend a little less since so far we're sitting at 22 guests. 

#30 primavera

primavera
                    • 428 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

That is not bad at all! I wonder if it is the same price if you upgrade to a private reception in the ballroom instead of the beach...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users