Grand Cayman Beach Suites

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lm3682

• 40 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

Hey, I know there are some ladies considering Grand Cayman and I wanted to suggest a property that I haven't seen mentioned much on the forum. Grand Cayman Beach Suites (used to be the Hyatt) is a smaller hotel and I was quite impressed with my initial discussions with their onsite planner, Marina Flynn. This was actually the hotel we stayed at on the trip we got engaged, so it was a strong contender for the wedding. We ended up going in a different direction but this property was my second choice.

They can host the ceremony and reception on site, and actually have a few location options for both, depending on the size of your group. Marina, the planner, was very responsive and seemed very flexible with my numerous requests and options. I had started with about 15 properties on various islands and this was a close second to my final decision. I wanted to recommend it because we very much enjoyed our stay there and I was impressed with Marina. We considered most of the larger Cayman properties and thought this was the best option on the island:
    Ritz - too expensive for me and my guests
    Westin - helpful wedding planner and great beach but the rooms/hotel get poor reviews
    Marriott - geared toward business travelers and they do multiple weddings a day (when we were walking on the beach, they had two going at the same time, at opposite ends of the property)
    Caribbean Club - I emailed twice and actually called and spoke to a live person but never received a call back from the manager about a wedding there

I've attached the general wedding info Marina sent me for anyone who's interested. Happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users