Anyone do AHR at a private home?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:27 PM

Heidi, that is funny, I just found that place. My parents live like 1 mile away from there, but I never knew it existed. I am pricing things out on their website right now and going to go in after work tonight. I had contacted GTR (Good Times Rental) previously and I didn't liek the customer service. I told them what items I wanted to rent and the amount of people and they told me I had to tell them waht size tent I need. I was like, I thought you could help me there? I have never done this before. And they wouldn't advise me, so screw them. But this place looks pretty great. I am excited to go talk to them tonight...

#12 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
    • VIP Member
    • 4,116 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

Quote:
      Yeah, I was hoping we would probably rent port-a-potties or something, cuz the bathroom would be ridic. People would be sneaking off to do their business in the woods! I can't beleive they got a tent for under $500! I am researching it now and to rent one for the amount of people that we need is WAY more then that! Oh well. I guess I will jsut price it all out and then decide what we will do.
      They are having portable bathrooms brought out too. It's like a little trailer type thing with the bathroom and sink and everthing inside. a step up from the traditional porta-potty! :-)

yeah, they're doing pretty good on that tent....however it's for a much smaller group than yours. And they're setting up the patio as additional seating so they don't need quite as much tent space. Definitely shop around for that stuff though. . .some companies just charge more and you can totally find the same thing for less elsewhere.

#13 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

Awesome, I didn't know they made them!!! Do you know what they are called? I would love to look into that, cuz port-a-potties that I picture are all gross. Now, usually when I have used them, it is a major drink fest, but I think that is what my party will be like anyway!

And I am NOT telling them it is for a wedding, cuz I know the prices raise dramatically then. I am saying it's a family reunion. One that I will be wearing my wedding dress for a portion of! Hahhahaaa

#14 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

The port o potty will come clean. So it won't be so gross because it won't be getting used by masses of people like a lot of the public ones. But having a sink does sound nice. A high class port o potty.

#15 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
          • VIP Member
          • 4,116 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:54 PM

I'm finding out what it's called - I'll let you know as soon as she emails me back!

#16 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:54 PM

I know right, who knew there was such a thing? I found out what they are called - Restroom trailers. I haven't been able to find pricing yet, but I think this is DEF the way to go.

#17 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
              • VIP Member
              • 4,116 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

Ok! here it is! This is the company she got it from. It looks like they're called restroom trailers. :-)

Widest selection of restroom trailers - United Site Services

#18 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

Awesome, thanks, Rachelle!

#19 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,116 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

You're welcome!
                    She also sent me a link to the specifc style they're getting. Not the trailer but a smaller, stand alone style. Still has the sink and stuff.

Freshwater flushing portable restrooms, perfect for weddings - United Site Services

#20 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:43 PM

Cool, I am def bookmarking these sites. I think we'd go for the bigger ones since we are having so many people, but we'll see how that all works out. I am just glad to not have the tiny gross ones.

I emailed for an estimate...!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users