Photo

PPC Beach Reception: What is it like WITHOUT a dance floor?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TonjaE

TonjaE
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

I'm getting married June 11 at Paradisus Punta Cana and we're having a beach reception. I have really been going back and forth about whether or not to purchase the dance floor. We have 37 people booked and most of us really like to dance. We have reserved DJ Mannia. Our WC Teresa swears that we should NOT purchase the dance floor - that we don't need it. She says that they get slippery with sand and that the resort with smooth out an area and it will be obvious where people should dance.

So I'd like to know what other people's experiences are dancing in the sand? Is it difficult? Will it make it less likely for people to dance? And have any of you booked a PPC beach reception without the dance floor? What was it like?

Thanks for your help!!
    I am a June 2010 Paradisus Punta Cana Bride!!!

#2 monchito7

monchito7
    • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:02 AM

We were wondering the same thing with my fiance today.

#3 kate&devon

kate&devon
      • 150 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:29 AM

Hi
        I got married at the PPC on 6-12-10 and had a beach reception. The location where they put you is right in front of Gabbi Beach Bar and you actually use the Bar for your drinks. It is cool because it is covered and has a Miami beach feel with couches and lounge chairs. What I did was move my reception to the bar. I only had 22 people though and it would depend on the number of people you had. Personally, even if I had a larger wedding I would have not opted for the dance floor. My feeling is the whole reason you are going there is to feel the sand between your toes!

Click the image to open in full size.

[IMG]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs014.ash2/34045_1507391727839_1325681535_1627159_1121245_n.j pg[/IMG

http://img.weddingco...cker/nlp8wi.png
        For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.-Judy GarlandBride and...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users