• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:23 PM

How much do you think a tailor would charger to line a dress? My dress is too sheer. I'd worry you could see through it in the sun. I bought a slip that I planned on cutting to fit the dress, but it's too bumpy under the dress. I could always get a more fitted slip, but I wonder if I should just pay someone to make the lining.

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:57 PM

Hmm good question.. I'm really not sure. Have you asked the salon you got your dress from? I would try a tighter slip first, and if it still doesn't work then have another slip built in.. Just be sure your tailor is good..

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:37 PM

The dress didn't come from a salon. Its very casual. I found it at a department store. I'll pick up a tighter slip this weekend & stop by a tailor to check prices.

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:48 PM

It was going to be about $30. I was having trouble finding a lining that would be opaque enough, but not too bulky. After spending all day on this, I decided I didn't like the dress enough. So I'm taking it back & I found a dress I absolutely love. I'll post a picture once I have one better than me standing in front of a mirror with a camera.

#5 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:33 AM

ROFL.. well I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.. Do you think you'll be able to see through the new one?

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:46 AM

I'll have to check it in the sun. I'll be standing outside my apartment in my wedding dress trying to tell if you can see my underware. That will be a funny image for anyone driving by. If it is see through, it will be easy to wear a slip with. That last dress was just a problem because it was a little clingy. This one is flowy.

#7 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:54 AM

I'm sure you'll be fine.. I like the idea of wearing a white swimsuit under it "just in case"..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users