Sign in to follow this  
rodent

cost for lining a dress

How much do you think a tailor would charger to line a dress? My dress is too sheer. I'd worry you could see through it in the sun. I bought a slip that I planned on cutting to fit the dress, but it's too bumpy under the dress. I could always get a more fitted slip, but I wonder if I should just pay someone to make the lining.

Hmm good question.. I'm really not sure. Have you asked the salon you got your dress from? I would try a tighter slip first, and if it still doesn't work then have another slip built in.. Just be sure your tailor is good..

The dress didn't come from a salon. Its very casual. I found it at a department store. I'll pick up a tighter slip this weekend & stop by a tailor to check prices.

It was going to be about $30. I was having trouble finding a lining that would be opaque enough, but not too bulky. After spending all day on this, I decided I didn't like the dress enough. So I'm taking it back & I found a dress I absolutely love. I'll post a picture once I have one better than me standing in front of a mirror with a camera.

I'll have to check it in the sun. I'll be standing outside my apartment in my wedding dress trying to tell if you can see my underware. That will be a funny image for anyone driving by. If it is see through, it will be easy to wear a slip with. That last dress was just a problem because it was a little clingy. This one is flowy.