Jump to content


Hello all

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 Angel-in-Law

  • Jr. Member
  • 250 posts

    Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:25 AM

    Hi Sheena:

    Welcome! I'm an attorney and a notary public. (Not all attorneys are notaries, you need a notary).

    You would present a copy of your license or passport to the notary along with the original and they would attest that you personally appeared before them and that the copy is a true and correct copy of the original. Make sure you appear in person.

    As to a certified copy of passport or driver's license - that would suggest some type of government certification. I have not heard of a DMV or passport offices doing that. I did a quick search online and it appears that some other countries allow a judge to certify such documents. I'm not aware of this procedure, at least in my area.

    I'd recommend you go the notary route, get an extra notarized copy for yourself, and fax or e-mail a copy of the notarized document to your resort to make sure its sufficient.

    Hope that helps!

    #12 cb280182

    • Newbie
    • 107 posts

      Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:02 AM

      welcome to the forum,good luck with all the planning

      0 user(s) are reading this topic

      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users