• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 PVBride

PVBride
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amym567
    I just placed my first Vistaprint order. I ordered 250 thank-you postcards (of my siggy pic) and enevelopes, a free address stamp, free business cards for my lia sophia business, and a free notepad for school (it has a tropical pic and says "From the Desk of Mrs. Lindell"). At first, I didn't have a coupon code or anything, so I did a search and found a deal for 50% off the entire order!!!! So, I think my final total came to around $50 or so! Hopefully I like the quality! I checked out Snapfish, and those postcards are $1.00 each- mine came to $0.10 each!!!
    Just had to share!
    Amy
    Amy, Where did you find the 50% off your entire order? I am getting ready to order thank-you cards from them, too!

Thanks so much!

#32 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:19 PM

Ladies, I have a question. I'd like to take advantage of Vista Prints offers so I'm thinking about ordering either the Oversized Postcards or the Folded Invitations to send out as STD's. The problem is that I wanted people to be able to RSVP to me after I send them out so that I can get an idea of how many people are actually interested & I'll have an estimate of how many invitations I'll need to send out. Since I'm making the invitations myself, I don't want to have to send invites out to those who aren't interested.

This being said, I didn't see any kind of perforated Folded invites that could be used as RSVP's for the guests to tear off & return to me. Soooo, do you think I should buy an addl postcard & include that in the mailing as the RSVP card or should I just scratch the entire STD RSVP idea & just use the RSVP's when I mail out my actual invites?
      I hope I make sense here!

#33 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:22 PM

What about buying business card size with the wording for your rsvp and then buying little envelopes that you'd include as well? I don't know where you could get the envelops, but I know you could find them. Or have them rsvp on your webpage? Oh, well, if you have a webpage!

I wish I had placed an RSVP on my std's, so I had a better idea of who intended on coming....

#34 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:28 PM

just make sure they are the right size. You can't mail something too small.

#35 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:29 PM

Oh, I meant to add the business card as an insert (along with a return envelope) in the folded invitation. But I see how that was unclear!

#36 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:38 PM

Carly, Great suggestion. I think I'll take a look and see what my options are for the business cards. And, nope, I don't have a webpage. I've been thinking about setting one up but for some reason, the thought overwhelms me.

Morgan, Thanks for that warning. Who knew that something could be "too small" to mail!?!

#37 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:53 PM

If you are ready to order soon, the business cards ar also a part of the email that I received most recently with special and I can forward it to you.

If you aren't ready yet, I would log in and sign up for email deals. I have been receiving multiple emails on a daily basis from them with great deals.

#38 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,193 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:01 PM

I think that I will be ready to order by the end of the week. I did go to their site & register for the free sample pack & a catalog. It said that should arrive within 2 weeks. Now with that in mind, I don't know if I should wait until I get the samples to make sure they are what I have in mind in terms of quality, or just take a chance and prepare to order.
                  I do feel confident that they are going to be nice since so many of you have used them & love them.
                  In any event, I'll PM you with my email address and would appreciate it if you could send me the offer that you have.
                  Thanks!

#39 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:09 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                    Oh, I meant to add the business card as an insert (along with a return envelope) in the folded invitation. But I see how that was unclear!
                    I knew that's why you said to put it in an envelope, but I wanted to make sure she understood why. I never knew there was a size minimum to mail until someone posted it recently. I had thought about the business cards as my RSVP card. A nice thing about using a postcard as a STD or reply card is that the stamps are only 23 cents. It has to be the standard size postcard.

Starting the website was a little overwhelming, but I'm so glad I have it. My guest love it. If you want I can send you mine & you can "borrow" whatever you want. I did a lot of copying & pasting from other peopls website to make it. I think it takes some time in the beginning, but saves you time in the end. There are a lot of great free websites too so even if you decide you don't want to use it a lot, you didn't lose anything.

#40 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,193 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:19 PM

So, here are my 2 options. Which makes sense?
                      Use the folded invitations, mailed out in an envelope as the STD, and insert a post card as the RSVP. Or, order 2 postcards, 1 as the STD, and the other as the RSVP card, but ofcourse, I'd have to mail that out in an envelope & they can just return the RSVP postcard to me.
                      UGHHHH...Am I complicating this!! LOL!

Morgan, I'll PM you my email address & I'd love to "borrow" from your website! I did see someone posted an entire list of free websites. I looked at them briefly but never made a decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users