Any Ceiba del Mar Brides?

Hello! Hope you are all doing well! It's been a while, but we have made progress. We have almost 60 rooms booked for our wedding on May 13th!   Plans are coming together nicely.  A few questions:

1) Are any Americans doing a legal ceremony in Mexico? If so, just curious if this was a huge pain?  Can you still have a family friend/relative do the ceremony?

2) We are having the rehearsal dinner on the beach one night and our wedding on the terrace.  I guess we have to get lighting for both. Has anyone looked into this? If so, any recommendations?

3) Any tips on DJs or guitarist for the ceremony?  We are looking into DJ Mannia and Javier for the ceremony.

4) For the rehearsal dinner, we were thinking of getting steel drums. Does anyone have any recommendations or an idea on how much this costs?

5) For dinner we were thinking of the 3 course plated menu---wondering if anyone else has decided what they are doing or any recommendations from people who were married there?

Whoo hoo. Making progress finally! 

Tracy

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are getting married in the US and having a symbolic ceremony and are possibly having a relative do this.

I am working with Eventos Euphoria and they have they really simple candles that they string across the terrace area.  A bit pricey but think we are going to do it.  A friend of a friend got a married at Ceiba this past Feb so if you want to see their pictures PM me and I can email the link.

OMG - 60 rooms!  What a huge wedding.  So fun.  We only have about 15 rooms booked.

Using DJ Omar for the reception and he will provide the speakers for the ceremony (doing it on the pier) and for the reception in the Sushi lounge area.

We are going to rent speakers for the rehersal bbq and create a playlist on our Ipod.

We visited Ceiba in June and did a tasting so we picked our 3 course meal and are still figuring out what we are doing for wedding cake or dessert.  We are doing a ceviche or torilla soup, salad and then the three choices are a chicken/fish/steak. 

I still do not have my dress and feel like there is a ton to do but will take it one day at a time!

good luck and nice to hear from a Ceiba bride.

Originally Posted by tracy.clements View Post

Hello! Hope you are all doing well! It's been a while, but we have made progress. We have almost 60 rooms booked for our wedding on May 13th!   Plans are coming together nicely.  A few questions:

1) Are any Americans doing a legal ceremony in Mexico? If so, just curious if this was a huge pain?  Can you still have a family friend/relative do the ceremony?

2) We are having the rehearsal dinner on the beach one night and our wedding on the terrace.  I guess we have to get lighting for both. Has anyone looked into this? If so, any recommendations?

3) Any tips on DJs or guitarist for the ceremony?  We are looking into DJ Mannia and Javier for the ceremony.

4) For the rehearsal dinner, we were thinking of getting steel drums. Does anyone have any recommendations or an idea on how much this costs?

5) For dinner we were thinking of the 3 course plated menu---wondering if anyone else has decided what they are doing or any recommendations from people who were married there?

Tracy

hello Tracy!!

Have you already received information about the legal ceremony, please let me know in case you still need help on it. We are the decor and flowers company from Ceiba del Mar, but if you need any information let me know and I will love to help on it. Diana and Paola are great, they can send you all the information!

about lighting, yes you will need lighting for both. No one of these places has lighting, so you have to hire additional for your event. For the beach area and also for the terrace.

Mannia has done a lot of events there, another options is J&S that works with DJ Omar and can provided this service. Javier is amazing!! I love him! It´s a amazing guitar player and do a lots of wedding in Riviera Maya.

For decor, furniture rental and flowers you can ask me :)!! I will love to answer all your questions!!! My email is [email protected]

Have a great weekend!

Gabi

Wow - 60 rooms!  That is excellent.  Such fun!

We are doing a legal ceremony.  We have been working w/someone that Ceiba recommended and so far it is pain free.  For it to be a legal ceremony, I am fairely certain you have to have a judge perform the ceremony.  You have to arrive several days before the wedding and have blood tests/paperwork done.  It seems fairly painless though.

We are getting lighting/flowers from Gabi at Planner1Events.  So far so good!  We are having the Chinese/paper lanterns hung on the terrace for the reception.  We are also placing tiki torches in the sand between the terrace and the beach with some pillows for guests to hang out if they want to move away from the reception.  Gabi has been VERY informative and quick to respond to all my emails/questions. 

For DJ, we are using DJ Doremixx.  He is affordable and very quick to respond to emails.  They have a basic package with speakers, wireless mic, etc.  Ceiba said he is good and has done a lot of weddings there.

We booked Javier for the ceremony too!  Very exciting!

We decided to hire a 6 piece mariachi band for the rehearsal dinner.  Ceiba again gave us the name.  If you want any contact info, let me know. 

As for food... haven't got there yet!  :) 

Do you have transportation set up?  We are working w/a company that seems really affordable (again, referred by Ceiba) that sets up a website for your guests to book online in advance of their arrival.  The guests can pay either through PayPal or when they arrive at the airport.

Originally Posted by tracy.clements View Post

Tracy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tracy,

We just got married at Ceiba Del Mar on 10/24/10 and it was absolutely wonderful there!  We had 24 rooms booked and let me reassure you Paola Sanchez (the onsite wedding coordinator) did a fabulous job, from a beach bonfire one night, a rehearsal dinner the next, to the day of the wedding, and through the reception, everything was seamless.   Now to answer your questions.

1) We did a symbolic ceremony, but used a local officiant, Pam Lopez.   The legal ceremony seemed like too much of a hassle.  Plus we wrote our entire ceremony so it was more personal to us.  

2) We were supposed to have the reception on the terrace, but due to the weather forecast that evening (thunderstorms!), we had to move the reception indoors just a few hours before the wedding.  I had requested 20 (2x10) hanging lanterns for the terrace which they wound up using on the floor of the indoor room and they lit up the room nicely. plus some candles on the tables.  I think the lanterns were around $300, but would have to double check that.  I used Gabi of Planner1 events and everything looked exactly as I had requested, just unbelievable because I think I'm a pretty picky person, she was so easy to work with and very professional.  I'll try to post pics shortly, but feel free to e-mail me directly and I'll send you photos of my flowers and decor.  

3) For the ceremony music we just burned a cd and used the resorts sound system out on the pier which worked great.  For the cocktail hour we had a Mariachi Band that Paola had arranged and they were excellent!  For the reception we used DJ Mannia, and they did a fantastic job.  Almost our entire party was up and dancing the whole evening.  They really know how to cater to the crowd.  

4) I have no idea on what the steel drums would cost, but that sounds like a really cool idea!  I bet Paola or Gabi would be able to get a price for you.

5) We did the 3 course dinner and it was very nice.  But instead of having everyone pick an appetizer, entree, and dessert, we just had them pick entrees.  We went with the proscuitto and melon appetizer, then the guests had a choice of Angus Beef (which was a filet), Sea Bass, Chicken, or Vegetarian.  Then we did creme brulee for dessert.  Plus we had the chef make us cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake. 

I hope this helps with your decision making.  Please feel free to contact me if you think of anything else, good luck and happy planning!  

Bests,

Lauren 

CONGRATS!!!  I just sent a PM to you - I would love to see any pictures you have to send.  My fiance and I are getting married there in April.  We are using Pam Lopez and doing the civil ceremony and Gabi from Planner 1 for our flowers and decoarations.  It is great to hearing that everything went well, and that Paola was so wonderful.

Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by savvybride2010 View Post

Hi Tracy,

We just got married at Ceiba Del Mar on 10/24/10 and it was absolutely wonderful there!  We had 24 rooms booked and let me reassure you Paola Sanchez (the onsite wedding coordinator) did a fabulous job, from a beach bonfire one night, a rehearsal dinner the next, to the day of the wedding, and through the reception, everything was seamless.   Now to answer your questions.

1) We did a symbolic ceremony, but used a local officiant, Pam Lopez.   The legal ceremony seemed like too much of a hassle.  Plus we wrote our entire ceremony so it was more personal to us.  

2) We were supposed to have the reception on the terrace, but due to the weather forecast that evening (thunderstorms!), we had to move the reception indoors just a few hours before the wedding.  I had requested 20 (2x10) hanging lanterns for the terrace which they wound up using on the floor of the indoor room and they lit up the room nicely. plus some candles on the tables.  I think the lanterns were around $300, but would have to double check that.  I used Gabi of Planner1 events and everything looked exactly as I had requested, just unbelievable because I think I'm a pretty picky person, she was so easy to work with and very professional.  I'll try to post pics shortly, but feel free to e-mail me directly and I'll send you photos of my flowers and decor.  

3) For the ceremony music we just burned a cd and used the resorts sound system out on the pier which worked great.  For the cocktail hour we had a Mariachi Band that Paola had arranged and they were excellent!  For the reception we used DJ Mannia, and they did a fantastic job.  Almost our entire party was up and dancing the whole evening.  They really know how to cater to the crowd.  

4) I have no idea on what the steel drums would cost, but that sounds like a really cool idea!  I bet Paola or Gabi would be able to get a price for you.

5) We did the 3 course dinner and it was very nice.  But instead of having everyone pick an appetizer, entree, and dessert, we just had them pick entrees.  We went with the proscuitto and melon appetizer, then the guests had a choice of Angus Beef (which was a filet), Sea Bass, Chicken, or Vegetarian.  Then we did creme brulee for dessert.  Plus we had the chef make us cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake. 

I hope this helps with your decision making.  Please feel free to contact me if you think of anything else, good luck and happy planning!  

Bests,

Lauren 

Hi Tracy,

Bests,

Lauren 

Have you posted any pics of your wedding? It sounds like it all went seamlessly!!

Lauren!!!

It´s so nice to know you have enjoyed your day!! We really did our best to deliver everything as you have in your mind! Even with the rain... sad.gif I know everybody loved Filomeno and we have fun pictures, I will send them to you! I stopped by at the Hotel but you were taking some pictures.

My best wishes for you Lauren!! Please keep in contact!

Warmest regards!!

Gabi

Hi Gabi,  

Thank you for EVERYTHING!  I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet you in person and tell you that you did an amazing job, everything was exactly as I envisioned it would be!   It was absolutely perfect minus the rain, but even that didn't stop us from having a fabulous time at Ceiba!  Filemon was definitely the hit of the evening, Chad was just thrilled to have a donkey carting beers for our cocktail hour!  I even think the Ceiba staff had a great time with Filemon too!  Thank you again, and please if you ever need a reference for a future bride, I am more than happy to share my experience and photos.

Bests,

Lauren

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planner1Events View Post

Lauren!!!

It´s so nice to know you have enjoyed your day!! We really did our best to deliver everything as you have in your mind! Even with the rain... sad.gif I know everybody loved Filomeno and we have fun pictures, I will send them to you! I stopped by at the Hotel but you were taking some pictures.

My best wishes for you Lauren!! Please keep in contact!

Warmest regards!!

Gabi

Thanks you so much for your comments!! This is the most important thing for us!

The best for you both!!

Hugs

Gabi

Hi Gabi,  

Thank you for EVERYTHING!  I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet you in person and tell you that you did an amazing job, everything was exactly as I envisioned it would be!   It was absolutely perfect minus the rain, but even that didn't stop us from having a fabulous time at Ceiba!  Filemon was definitely the hit of the evening, Chad was just thrilled to have a donkey carting beers for our cocktail hour!  I even think the Ceiba staff had a great time with Filemon too!  Thank you again, and please if you ever need a reference for a future bride, I am more than happy to share my experience and photos.

Bests,

Lauren

Quote: