Hi Tracy, congrats on your upcoming wedding!
1) For our menu we started with the melon proscuitto salad, the main courses were Angus Steak, Sea Bass, & Stuffed Chicken, and then creme brulee for dessert. The salad was the perfect blend of refreshing and filling, I would highly recommend it! My husband and I both ordered the Sea Bass (we LOVE seafoood! lived in Seattle for 9 years) and honestly it was just ok. I think the problem was that 24 of our guests ordered the Sea Bass as well, and I think it is really difficult to get fish done correctly in mass quantities. That said, everyone who ordered the steak (about 18) RAVED about it. The quality of the Angus steak was excellent for those of you concerned about beef in Mexico. Side note, I do not recommend the ground beef/burger at the pool bar, very gristly. My Mom ordered the chicken, I had a bite of hers and was really surprised that it was a very good dish as well. The creme brulee was perfect as well, great consistancy and not a hint of egg. For our cocktail hour the chef picked some mexican flavors to be passed around poolside. Everything was tasty but nothing remarkable, felt more like bar food apps. Hope that helps!
2) I was afraid of wearing heels on the pier in fear of getting stuck in the boards, but I'm only 5'4" and needed a lift so I went with Tommy Bahama's carved wedged flipflop, they were super comfortable all night and gave me an extra 11/2" I was hoping for. They have some taller sandals too if you are looking for more height!
Wow Tweets--- your wedding is around the corner! Sorry I have been so MIA everyone! As a reminder, my wedding is May 13th. We have 120 guests coming so far and just sent out invitations. YAY! I have a few questions for you:
1) What are you choosing for your menu? I am thinking a tropical salad and then a choice of steak or seabass. I was going to choose salmon but then talked to a lot of friends who said they all prefer sea bass and I think it is a local fish. Also, any recommendations on appetizers? I didn't get a chance to taste anything when I did my visit.
2) Are you gals wearing heels? Our ceremony is on the beach b/c we have too many people for the pier so I feel like i can't really wear heels in the sand. Thoughts?
3) Regarding the bonfire. Do you think it will be too hot for a bonfire?
4) Any recommendations on where to get cheap/cute welcome bags? I am just starting the process on that.
Let me know if you guys hvae any quesitons for me! I promise to be more responsive!