Sign in to follow this  
glowbee

Turks And Caicos - Destination Wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze8584 View Post
Hi Glowbee!

Welcome to the forum!!! I began planning my wedding at the beginning of this year in Turks & Caicos and have everything booked and picked out other than my flowers and hair and makeup the day of!

After researching the amazing hotels on the island and speaking with the coordinators, etc. we chose Villa Renaissace to host our wedding ceremony! Most of my family and close friends will all be staying at suites there and it is an absolutely beautiful property!!

We are also using Tropical Imaging for our photography! Their blog just recently had a post involving a church wedding, and if you read through the archives there are other posts with church ceremonies, I am very certain there is at least on post with a Catholic ceremony!

We are using Diane with Island Harmony as our wedding coordinator, and she has been amazing! I highly recommend her, very organized and responds super quick: Island Harmony, Turks & Caicos Islands, BWI

We are having our reception privately catered by Kissing Fish Catering Company, they are setting up a private dinner with open bar, and a beautiful bonfire a few feet from our ceremony! We are very excited! They also own/operate Bay Bistro, so contact Joan (kissingfishcateringco@yahoo.com) and she will let you know what your options are and the pricing!

I am still debating about flowers, can't decide what I want yet. However I was quoted around $500 for bouquet of orchids, roses, and delphiums, very pricey, but yes, imported items are!

Let me know if you have any questions!!! Good luck planning!!!
Hi there! I was just married in T&C and our wedding day pictures were taken at Villa Renaissance. So gorgeous!

You should check out bringing your own flowers. T&C quoted me at $475 for a bouquet and I thought they were crazy! So I ended up getting clay flowers off of etsy and they came out perfect! We are on TI's blog (meagan and dallas) you can see the flowers there! I would highly suggest it!

Good Luck! T&C is beautiful!

OoO and Bronze8584 I would HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest Shenique Higgs from Sheque Perfection to do your hair and makeup! She is outstanding and I loved her!!!!!! And she comes to you. My makeup was flawless and Im so happy I used her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meagan* View Post
As far as flowers go....I purchased my clay flowers off of etsy! And I would highly suggest it to all T&C brides! You can actually leave the island with them. You are not allowed to take flowers back into the US. And everyone wants to keep their bouquet. Now I have mine forever! I would highly HIGHLY suggest it! The woman I purchased mine from duplicated exactly what I wanted! I couldnt be happier and I get to see them everyday!
I know this is late, but as an fyi, you all may want to try shipping your bouquet back to your home. My friend did that when she got married in Mexico. I'm not sure if it's legal to do so, but it worked for her and she still has her original real flowered bouquet. : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meagan* View Post
OoO and Bronze8584 I would HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest Shenique Higgs from Sheque Perfection to do your hair and makeup! She is outstanding and I loved her!!!!!! And she comes to you. My makeup was flawless and Im so happy I used her!
Your wedding pics are wonderful Meagan. I too plan on getting married in T & C and because of the help of your pics, I too will use Tropical Imaging and Shenique for hair and make up. Thanks!

Hi guys! I just got back from our wedding in T&C and it was amazing & beautiful there! We got married @ the Beaches Resort & used Tropical Imaging as well with David as our photographer. I have my review up under the wedding reviews section & there is a link to the blog and a few of our pictures in my sig below. Good luck planning but it's a gorgeous island so you can't go wrong.

Welcome back Chrissy!! Congrats on your nuptials. I can't wait to head to TC. I love your pics, especially the one of the rings and under the coconut palm tree. I hope you'll post more pics soon.

Thanks Janine! We had so much fun! Shoot me a PM with your home email & I can send you our home pictures to see the resort, beaches, etc...

I booked her for my hair and make up as well!!! But that was back in February. Now I am trying to get Anne (I think its Anne or Ana) who works with Maxime to do the make-up for the mothers. Bronze your big day is literally in about two weeks!! Yikes! You must be so excited.