Jump to content


Turks & Caicos Brides - Marriage License ???'s

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bronze8584

  • Newbie
  • 55 posts

    Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:34 AM

    I have a question for all the T&C brides who are from the USA. How did you change your name, SS card, etc after getting married in T&C? Did you have to file your marriage certificate with your county clerk? This may sound stupid, I just don't understand what the process is. Any help and clarification would be greatly appreciated!!!

    #2 JanineA

    • Sr. Member
    • 2,482 posts

      Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:32 PM

      Bronze, I believe that once you receive your certificate in TC you then have to register it with the appropriate office in your county. Then once it has been processed by the county and county records updated to reflect your new status you may proceed to contact the different offices (social security, passport, etc) to have it changed or you can just take a copy of your documents showing that your marraige has been registered here in the US and take the notarized copy to each of those offices. My wedding planner just explained it to me. Let me ask her to e-mail me again and I will forward that to you.

      0 user(s) are reading this topic

      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users