Catamaran Wedding HELP!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:13 PM

Wow, that'll be an absolutely stunning wedding. As for the dress, I think you could still do anything you wanted - but you could easily do something casual, maybe not even full length.
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#12 EDYTA

• 1,277 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:44 PM

to the forum!! your wedding plans of the catamaran sound awesome

#13 sophiesurrey

• 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:40 AM

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome, Our wedding is not until Nov 14 2008 so I have plenty of time to find a dress, I have bought a gorgeous beaded 3/4 length white Kaftan that would double up perfectly as a casual wedding dress ( Im from the UK, we are not used to warm weather!) Im not sure I could wear somthing more traditional in the heat, I might pass out! not a good look!

#14 starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:16 AM

I'm late but welcome and congrats on the engagement! I think the caftan sounds really nice. As for the heat, you may be right. I live in L.A. where it gets pretty hot sometimes and I was very hot in my gown even when the sun went down! I brought a white sundress to change into after the first dance so that's something to consider if you go with a formal dress - you can always change.

And I'm a fan of barefoot outdoor weddings. It's good for the soul to sink your feet in nature but really it's so much more comfortable too. Happy planning!

#15 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:10 AM

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a great way to get married

#16 sophiesurrey

• 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:14 AM

We will be on St Lucia for 8 days before the wedding so hopefully we will be aclimatised to the heat by then!Your flowers are a gorgeous colour, what are they?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users