Photo

Montreal brides

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#61 RonNMel

RonNMel
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

That's great that you got a free package. You're right, it makes the price about the same as if you were getting married in Cuba. I'm sure you'll enjoy Jamaica, looks like such an awesome place. Good choice on upgrading your room, it's your wedding after all.

I love love love Cuba so much, I agree the beach there is amazing. And though the food can be bland, it is by no means bad. I know most weddings are often about the food, but to me I view destination weddings as a bit different. In this case, location becomes more of a priority for me.

Unfortunately, we are both divorced so we are in for a LOT of paperwork. :S

#62 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
    • 1,619 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

I did find that DR's wedding was $$ that is why I originally went with Jamaica, it wasn't $$ plus if you had 5 rooms booked the wedding was free. But then it started adding up.. if you have more then 8 people (which you will if you have 5 rooms book) you have to pay $25 p/p for cake and wine to toast. That wasn't including any kind of reception.
      So when I went back and looked at DR I found a package or $1300 but there was no min or max amount of guest, plus I get a sit down dinner reception for that. Including everything.. I figured it would have come close enough. Plus the resort I picked in Ocho Rios was in a cruise ship port bay!!!! nothing like varadero.

The last resort I went to, I can say the food was bad in varadero.. I came home and realized I had lost 13 lbs in 7 day trip.
      But the other 2 resorts were fine.

I guess everyone looks at the DW differently.. I was looking for something for everyone and the food being good, I just want everyone to be happy and enjoy their vaca.. I don't want to hear a single complaint while I am there from the guest lol
      http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
      Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
      Happily ever after...

#63 RonNMel

RonNMel
      • 388 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

That's actually a pretty reasonable wedding package (price + things included), considering we decided to go for the more expensive Cuba wedding package (1000$). Who knows, maybe if I had found your wedding package earlier, I might have gone for it. But now we feel like we've spent enough hours searching for a good resort and we want to focus on other things.

As for complaints, I feel like people who really want to complain will find a reason no matter what, so I'm not going to stress over them. LOL

#64 ewok

ewok
        • 99 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by RonNMel
          As for complaints, I feel like people who really want to complain will find a reason no matter what, so I'm not going to stress over them. LOL
          I agree with that, you will have complaint no matter what! Too expensive, too cheap, bad food, too fancy food, boring resort, too much going on, ... Unless everyone has the same tastes & background, nobody expects the same things.

Sorry about the divorces & paperwork! :)

#65 purpleshells

purpleshells
          • 338 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:43 PM

ya I had wanted it in Fiji, that was m dream, but no one could afford..2nd option was Hawaii but i wanted to get married on the beach and in hawaii you supposedly cant...

#66 ewok

ewok
            • 99 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

Wow, Fiji ... I don't even think I could afford it for my own wedding, but I is a nice dream. The beach at Melia Las Dunas is really fabulous (was there 3 years ago before it was very "in"), nothing to regret there!

#67 RonNMel

RonNMel
              • 388 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:58 PM

OOhhhh, Fidji. I'd love to have the money to go there!!!

#68 RonNMel

RonNMel
                • 388 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:36 AM

Anyone going to the bridal salon this week-end or the one at the end of January?

#69 ewok

ewok
                  • 99 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:58 AM

I don't think so. Besides a dress, I won't need much of the traditional services, unless I'm mistaken! Do you think there would be dresses to try? I was looking at a bridal shop Website from Gatineau/Ottawa and it seemed there would be gowns on sale at their Salon (Jan 30-31). Might worth a visit if I haven't bought by then.

#70 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
                    • 1,619 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

I've been to the show 2 times. If you already have you venu picked for a DW and you have your dress, there really is no point. You don't get to try any dresses on
                      http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                      Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                      Happily ever after...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users