Photo

Secrets Capri vs. Excellence Riviera

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MKRN

MKRN
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:39 PM

It would be great if photographers and travel agents could weigh in on those this one.

I have been going back and forth between the two and I still can't decide. I like that Secrets has fewer rooms, I also like the grounds they look beautiful. Would look great in wedding pics I am sure.

Excellence looks beautiful as well. It is slightly larger, they have lots of restaurants to choose from. Also if we ended up having guests, we could upgrade to the next wedding package for only $850, Secrets next package is $2K. Also, I don't think it will look as nice in pictures.

So what do you think. Anyone ever been to both?

#2 Jenna20

Jenna20
    • 314 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:29 PM

I have not been to either resort...have you tried using the search engine to find out what other brides have thought of your two options? Secrets look like beautiful resorts, if I was having an adults only it would def be one of my choices as well.

One thing that I have done to get a good overall idea and feedback of resorts considering is going on trip advisor...you will find current feedback and reviews of the resort as well as an overall rating. I have to say, after reading reviews on there, it has made me decide against certain resorts.

Happy Planning! :)

#3 Kenaharmony

Kenaharmony
      • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MKRN
        It would be great if photographers and travel agents could weigh in on those this one.

I have been going back and forth between the two and I still can't decide. I like that Secrets has fewer rooms, I also like the grounds they look beautiful. Would look great in wedding pics I am sure.

Excellence looks beautiful as well. It is slightly larger, they have lots of restaurants to choose from. Also if we ended up having guests, we could upgrade to the next wedding package for only $850, Secrets next package is $2K. Also, I don't think it will look as nice in pictures.

So what do you think. Anyone ever been to both?
        I would be interested in finding out as well.

#4 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
        • 1,047 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:36 PM

I have been to both Secrets Capri & Excellence Riviera Cancun and they are both wonderful properties- but for different reasons.

What you really need to do is make a list of what ultimately is the most important features for your wedding and stay - then schedule a consultation with a TA that knows each property well to review those. The TA can then stear you to the resort that fits what you & your fiancee the best!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users