Photo

Wrong Color

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 jesswins

jesswins
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:01 PM

thanks. I actually was printing from Kinkos and thought there colors would be better. I am going to try agin today when I am not so flustered.
    jess

#12 anaderoux

anaderoux
    • 3,220 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:10 PM

If you're using design software, make sure the colors are set in CYMK, not RGB...

Printers only recognize CYMK, if the colors are set in RGB, the printer will transform it to the closest CYMK color..,

#13 jesswins

jesswins
      • 142 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:20 PM

I am using microsoft word. If I go to Kinkos will they be able to transfer my document using a design software to get the right colors? I know they have design computers but will I have to restart because I used special downloaded fonts.

#14 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:51 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jesswins
          I am using microsoft word. If I go to Kinkos will they be able to transfer my document using a design software to get the right colors? I know they have design computers but will I have to restart because I used special downloaded fonts.
          Try creating a PDF of the word doc. you need to download it (free) CutePDF - Create PDF for free, Free PDF Utilities, Edit PDF easily;.

Once you download the program, you "print" the word doc, but make sure to change the "printer" to "cutepdf writer". You will be prompted to save it as a PDF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users