• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
  • 600 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brandynd
    hahaha....I'm sorry. I got quite a little giggle out of this comment. The idea of putting my mil on valium and watching her go just makes me smile a bit.
    Good, it was meant to make you smile. In all seriousness though, she stopped complaining as much when I gave her jobs to do. She really just wanted to be a part of the process. I don't know if that applies here, but it's a thought.

#12 bcbride

bcbride
    • 176 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:21 PM

Thank you ladies for the all the advice. Part of me hopes that she decides she doesn't want to attend our wedding anymore. It's not like we can un-invite her? or can we?

#13 MrsSparrow2B

MrsSparrow2B
      • 152 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

If it gets too stressful, I guess it depends on how closely she is related. If you can ask all people on her level of closeness not to attend the wedding due to a 'numbers issue', then definitely. If not, get her tipsy on the day!

I definitely agree with the theory of getting someone like her involved in something that you don't care too much about. It makes them feel like you're relying on them and it seems to have worked for me. Maybe worth giving it a go...
        ~~~~~
        Lyndsey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users