Rise your hand if he proposed on Valentine's...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Tell us your story!!!

#2 justdeb1107

• 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:57 PM

On Valentine's Day my FI and I were at my place getting ready to go out. We had dinner reservations at a fabulous restaurant. I was rushing around, trying to get my hair and make-up finished when he interrupted me. I was distracted when he said he wanted to give me a Valentine's Day card. He'd sent roses to my office the day before, but didn't have a card for me. I teasingly fussed him out about it and told him he had to make me one, just like my two small daughters always do.

I paused and he handed me a handwritten card that was intricately folded. On the outside it said, "Happy Valentine's Day!" Unfolding it to the middle it read, "I LOVE YOU!" I was chuckling by this time. Then I unfolded the card all the way and was stunned to see, "Will you marry me?" on the inside. He dropped to one knee, pulled out a ring, and said, "I'm not kidding, you know. We will be very happy!"

For once in my life, I was to shocked to say a word. Then I started laughing and crying at the same time. I was completely taken by surprise! We kissed and hugged, then I went to finish getting ready to go. A moment later, he popped his head around the corner and said, "That is a yes, isn't it?" All I could do was nod.

Click the image to open in full size.

Ironically, on the previous year's Valentine's Day, I was dating someone else. He sent me roses to my office, too, along with a card stating the "four top reasons he loved me." It was very sweet. That night, while I had his gift in my hands, happily anticipating the evening, my ex flat out dumped me. I was stunned that night, too, and felt like my whole world had shattered. I was bereft for months. Now, I realize what a mistake it would have been to marry my ex, and that God planned something MUCH better for my life. Once again, Valentine's Day is a cause for celebration and my greatest joy!!!

A pic of Tom and I at dinner after he proposed. BEST VALENTINE'S DAY EVER!
      Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users