Jump to content
Heidi

*The official Aruba Brides CHAT thread*

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingle96 View Post
Hello ladies!! I just wanted to say hello, I'm also getting married in Aruba @ the Westin in May 2010! I'm super excited and can't wait!
Welcome!

I am getting married at the Westin in October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Maureen View Post
The Links at Divi could provide an outdoor yet off the sand wedding!
Where at the Links at Divi could a ceremony be held? I never even thought about that resort/golf course for a non-beach ceremony. I was only thinking about Tierra del Sol, which is very pricey. Thanks for the suggestion. smile123.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheree10 View Post
My FI and I also wanted to have our wedding in DR. We wanted to do something different and that's why we selected Aruba. Both of us have never been to the island, neither have most of our guests!!

This forum has been great and has helped a lot with my planning.

When are you getting married?
We have picked the Date April 18th, 2011 so far. Now we are just picking a spot to do it and see if it available then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting married at the Hyatt Regency on May 30, 2010. So very soon! I am starting to get very nervous about all the details but I'm sure it's normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLady View Post
I'm getting married at the Hyatt Regency on May 30, 2010. So very soon! I am starting to get very nervous about all the details but I'm sure it's normal.
That is soon. But, I am sure things will work out great! It seems like most folks sweat about some details, and still end up loving it in the end. Just make sure you relax when the day finally rolls around and enjoy it!

I still have a long time, we aren't getting married until November, but I am sure I will worry along the way too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VA Bride, you are absolutely right, neighbor!

 

Where are you guys getting married? You have plenty of time until November. Let me know if you have any questions, maybe I'll be able to help once we are actually back from Aruba :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are getting married November 3rd at the Marriott. We were down for a visit a month ago or so and it really helped us both feel more comfortable with things. The coordinator sent us pictures of cakes and arches and torches and all sorts of stuff. We have favorites, but it was good to know that pretty much everything we looked at or have pictures of is nice so if we end up having issues with the details at least all the options are acceptable.

 

The biggest question I still have is whether to go with the steel pan player or do an iPod music selection. I would prefer the steel pan, but the fiance would much prefer the iPod. Since the iPod will be hugely cheaper that is most likely what we will end up with.

 

I also worry a little bit about how busy it can be on the beach where the weddings take place. There was a family football game there one evening when we were visiting and it wouldn't have set the right atmosphere. Then again, most likely if they saw a wedding getting set up they probably wouldn't still throw the football back and forth in front of the minister. Hopefully.

 

In any case... The Hyatt looked really nice when we were there visiting, I am sure you will have a perfect day no matter what! Plus, at least we know our guests will have a great time, who doesn't love Aruba!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLady View Post
VA Bride, you are absolutely right, neighbor!

 

Where are you guys getting married? You have plenty of time until November. Let me know if you have any questions, maybe I'll be able to help once we are actually back from Aruba :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_Bride View Post
We are getting married November 3rd at the Marriott. We were down for a visit a month ago or so and it really helped us both feel more comfortable with things. The coordinator sent us pictures of cakes and arches and torches and all sorts of stuff. We have favorites, but it was good to know that pretty much everything we looked at or have pictures of is nice so if we end up having issues with the details at least all the options are acceptable.

The biggest question I still have is whether to go with the steel pan player or do an iPod music selection. I would prefer the steel pan, but the fiance would much prefer the iPod. Since the iPod will be hugely cheaper that is most likely what we will end up with.

I also worry a little bit about how busy it can be on the beach where the weddings take place. There was a family football game there one evening when we were visiting and it wouldn't have set the right atmosphere. Then again, most likely if they saw a wedding getting set up they probably wouldn't still throw the football back and forth in front of the minister. Hopefully.

In any case... The Hyatt looked really nice when we were there visiting, I am sure you will have a perfect day no matter what! Plus, at least we know our guests will have a great time, who doesn't love Aruba!
That's awesome that you guys were able to go visit and get an idea of what things look like. I have seen pictures of where our ceremony and reception will be but it's so hard to pick flowers or designs without seeing things. I'm sure that the coordinators will make sure that everything looks good. But I'm still nervous.

I've heard that sometimes there are people on the beach when you are getting married and some people stand and watch while others mind their own business. I guess as long as they are not exactly in the shot, it's ok. I'm sure that if you go at the very height of the season in Jan-Feb-Mar then that would be a bigger problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VA_Bride that is great you will get a chance to visit before the wedding. I wish we were able too. I am worried about people disturbing our ceremony or ending up in our pictures. I am hoping since it is a 5:30 ceremony people will be getting ready for dinner or something. I think that most people have the common sense to stay away from the ceremony site.

 

I am really nervous about the details of things, like how exactly is the ceremony set up and how far from the resort is it? How far away will the reception be from the ceremony site? We will probably end up with enough to do dinner at one of the restaurants and not a private reception so where in the restaurant will we be? Will it be sorta private? What about a first dance? Will the louge/bars play a song for us and my dad and I to dance too? Oh I could go on and on. I think I won’t feel better till we get there and I can see everything for myself. I am way too anal for a DW but I have always wanted to get married on a gorgeous beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by hat0112 View Post
VA_Bride that is great you will get a chance to visit before the wedding. I wish we were able too. I am worried about people disturbing our ceremony or ending up in our pictures. I am hoping since it is a 5:30 ceremony people will be getting ready for dinner or something. I think that most people have the common sense to stay away from the ceremony site.
Based on what I saw when I was there this is definitely a concern. I think it will all work out, but there were a LOT of people on the beach right near the area watching the sun set. From what I have heard from others there will be a number of people watching the wedding, but they usually seem to be respectful and stay off to the side. One night there was a family throwing the football at the water's edge and it would have been very disruptive had a wedding been going on, but then again, I bet they wouldn't be doing it if there was a wedding going on.

Long and short of it, there probably will be people who watch, but they will also most likely be polite and stay off to the side and out of your way. It would take a real jerk to knowingly bust into someones moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
    • Minimalist wedding bands look so classy and timeless regardless of the venue.
    • It's hard to estimate. Some receptions don't need much decorating because it's already beautiful. Some receptions need lots of decorating. Some receptions also come with extra decorating equipment already.
  • Topics

×