Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BachataBride

Free Dress Alterations - Problems??

Recommended Posts

I am just wondering if anyone has had free alterations provided by the boutique where they bought their dress? I bought my dress for the same price as everywhere but this boutique offered free alterations! Of course I went with that one - but now I am second guessing myself. What if the seamstress is not very good - or they take a long time? I don't have the fact that I am paying her as leverage!

Although, I have paid the full amount for my dress yet, so I could always use that I guess.

 

Why do us brides ALWAYS find something to stress about!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
I am just wondering if anyone has had free alterations provided by the boutique where they bought their dress? I bought my dress for the same price as everywhere but this boutique offered free alterations! Of course I went with that one - but now I am second guessing myself. What if the seamstress is not very good - or they take a long time? I don't have the fact that I am paying her as leverage!
Although, I have paid the full amount for my dress yet, so I could always use that I guess.

Why do us brides ALWAYS find something to stress about!!
Katie's bridesmaids got their dresses where you're getting your wedding dress, and the seamstress did all of their alterations. I didn't take a close look at the other dresses but I did look really closely at Claire's (my other daughter) dress because I went with her for fittings and I ironed the dress. They took it in at the waist and let it out at the hips(two layers of fabric), plus they shortened it from floor length to just below the knee, and shortened the straps. The seamstress did a pretty good job. They offered to steam the dress in the shop after the alterations but I told them not to bother as we were packing the dress in a suitcase. After I ironed it looked much better and you couldn't really tell it had been altered.

One of the bridesmaids did have a problem with her alterations but the ladies in the store worked with her and fixed it two or three times until she was happy and she picked the dress up the day before we left for Mexico (at that point we all just let her deal with it).

They did not take a long time with Claire's and my dress. They did the first alterations within a week. My alterations were really minor - shortened the straps.

If you'd like me to meet you there so you have a second set of eyes and some backup just let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen_S81 View Post
If you'd like me to meet you there so you have a second set of eyes and some backup just let me know!
Oh Helen!! You are awesome!!
smile03.gif

I think I'll be ok for the first fitting - it will just be me telling them how I want it altered. But I will probably take you up on it when I go for my second fitting!!! I will be in touch!!!
Have a great weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
Oh Helen!! You are awesome!!
smile03.gif

I think I'll be ok for the first fitting - it will just be me telling them how I want it altered. But I will probably take you up on it when I go for my second fitting!!! I will be in touch!!!
Have a great weekend!
Just let me know!

You have a great weekend too and you'll be fine tomorrow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • What color is your wedding? You can go with warm autumn-inspired colors such as burnt oranges, dark reds, burgundy, bright yellows, like fall foliage   https://printsbery.com/invitations/wedding/burgundy   What planning have you guys done?  
    • We booked our wedding for April 2021 but the venue let us know at this time they are still implementing Covid measures so we should not have more than 50 guests, etc. We also made sure the contract had an "out" clause that would let us get a refund should the pandemic blow up again, or have the ability to reschedule without penalty.
    • I am having my wedding scheduled in November 2020. I am too much worried about how all the things will be managed in this pandemic situation. About everything like the guest list, preparations, my attire and all. The only thing I am relaxed is about finances. In Feb only me and my fiancé applied for the wedding loans. We have applied early because both of us are having bad credit we had a doubt that it will be approved or not. But our wedding loans with bad credit were timely approved and we have planned accordingly but now this pandemic has spoiled all our preparations. We are trying to be positive and trying to celebrate our new beginnings.
    • Welcome. I am a past Dreams Los Cabos bride. Please let us know if we can assist in any way. We have some great promotions (bride and groom fly free, comped rooms and upgrades).    info@wrighttravelagency.com
    • Hi all. My fiance and I are getting married at Dreams Los Cabos in Cabo San Lucas on April, 2021! We've been together for 3 years and we are so excited for our little wedding!  
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...