Sign in to follow this  
Kassia

Cabo in December 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassia View Post
What kinds of decorations do you have by the way Kate? Just curious. I wouldn't even know what to bring down to Cabo!!
I think (very much a maybe on all this stuff) I will rent blue table runners from Dreams. I am going to bring down my own red votives (my colors are red and blue). Our "theme" is coral - so I want to either bring some down or get it there and use it on the tables. Our flowers are red roses so I'd like to do a simple/modern arrangement with just a few flowers - to keep costs down.
As for other decorations - chinese lanterns for the reception area.

I am going for a site visit in August so I'm hoping to bring down a lot of this stuff then and just leave it.

that's crazy! our color is a "north carolina" blue color too. we're also going for the tropical look i think, but with orange as an accent (because i LOVE those orange bird of paradise flowers...they are really expensive though.)

i love little lanterns too! maybe we could split the price and josh and i could use them too....i'll have to check things out with him first. not sure how much we've budgeted for decorations.

i'm jealous that you get to see the resort before you get married there!! the first time we'll be in cabo is for the wedding in december. we've been to mexico about 3 or 4 times, but never to cabo.

Welcome to the forum, Kassia! I was born anad raised in MN and moved to Chicago almost 2 years ago for Paul (my FI) - but now we just bought a house back in MN - we close this Friday! He's still in Chicago this week - but we're almost official MN residents again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics