Did you get your dress steamed?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Anna83

• 288 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

This is a question for the brides that have already had their weddings...

Did you get your dress steamed before you left for your wedding, and if so, did it stay looking good, or did it get wrinkly during travels? Did you have it steamed at your resort? My resort won't steam it on site, they send it away, I'm not comfortable sending my dress away 2 days before my wedding.

#2 Banana11

• VIP Member
    • 8,841 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:21 PM

Great question! I'm also wondering how others dresses faired getting carried on the plane and to the wedding location. One tip I heard was to hang your dress in the bathroom during and after a hot shower and that will help a ton.

#3 -Kate-

• VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:24 PM

My dress was steamed when I got there. They whisked it away as soon as I got there and I didn't see it until they returned it 2 days later. No fuss.

#4 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:34 PM

my dress didn't wrinkle too badly on the way to cabo, but i did have the hotel steam it. my dress was gone for between 24 and 36 hours and i honestly did not worry for more than 2 mins when i first gave it to them. i repeated about 5 times "steam, DO NOT PRESS" and everything was totally fine.

#5 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:45 PM

The bridal salon gave me my dress stuffed with tons of paper & I had it in 2 garment bags during my travels. I got lucky & the airline did let me hang the dress in the 1st class closet so that definitely minizmized any wrinkling. When I got to the resort, I just hung my dress in the closet. I don't even remember checking to see if it was wrinkled. I guess that was from the excitement of being there.
          Anyway, when I did go to put it on, nothing was wrong with it at all. I definitely think the stuffing helped keep its shape. If you can, I'd try stuffing it and make sure to hang it as soon as you arrive. Had it been wrinkled I think I'd just had to have dealt with it. I'm not sure I could've managed to not worry if I had to give Chandlyn the dress to have it steamed.

#6 Anna83

• 288 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:52 PM

Thanks for the advice. I think I will just steam it before I go and hope for the best. It can't get too bad, right? I just need to stop worrying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users