16 replies to this topic

#11 -Kate-

-Kate-
  • VIP Member
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:20 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelladiver
    Mi Casa is definitely a fun place. But for whatever reason, they said I needed to do a mandatory open bar. It may be because of the size of my group (100+), which they said would require them to close off a large section of their restaurant (although on the Saturday night we were there, that area was not being used anyway).
    Weird. We had 56 people but 100+ is another matter I guess. We had parts blocked off for us though. Maybe it's a new rule bc it's getting more popular as a group dinner spot?

#12 franeve

franeve
    • 33 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:44 AM

We had our welcome dinner at Mi Casa. It was around $50 a head for food. We did drinks by consumption which cut our costs. It was an awesome place. Everyone had SO much fun. I'll try to find some pics.
      This might sound like a stupid question but, what exactly does that mean, "drinks by consumption"? Does that mean you are only paying for what your guests actually drink? If so, how do you keep track of that??

#13 stelladiver

stelladiver
      • 47 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:54 PM

There are no stupid questions! Most of us at new at this wedding planning thing. Drinks by consumption is paying for the number of drinks actually ordered by your party. There's really no way to keep track of it, except based on the honor system by the restaurant. There are some posts on the forum about restaurants lying and inflating the bill, which is always a risk. Some venues that do consumption by the bottle may allow you to do a count of the empty bottles at the end of the night to double check their count of the bottles for which you're being charged. In cases where you're being charged by the bottle though, once a bottle is open and even if only one drink has been poured from it, you still have to pay for the entire bottle. Hope that helps!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by franeve

This might sound like a stupid question but, what exactly does that mean, "drinks by consumption"? Does that mean you are only paying for what your guests actually drink? If so, how do you keep track of that??

#14 joscetta

joscetta
        • 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:30 PM

Mi Casa looks fun!! When taking your group there for dinner, did you do a group deal for the meal, or did each person order their meal individually? It looks like a smaller selection if you do the group deal.

#15 veronicaamber

veronicaamber
          • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

We are getting married at Cabo Del Sol in February and we just asked around to see if anyone got a villa. We are having our dinner at the Villa and hired a personal chef for appetizers and we are going to Costco for the drink stuff. It cut our costs in half!
            Veronica and Michael

#16 Jerome Dieu

Jerome Dieu
            • Vendor
            • 105 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:51 PM

hi! maybe you should ask in Baja Cantina by the beach, it is a nice place and some times they have a mariachi band playing there!
              Jerome Dieu
              Wedding Photographer

Tel (from USA & Canada): 1 (925) 465 6146
              Local Phone (Los Cabos): 104 3643www.mangoweddings.netcontact@mangoweddings

#17 Mango Deck

Mango Deck
              • 141 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:04 PM

Hi Adrianna...

Funny, you've got my FI's name....

THere are several spots on the beach depending on you budget and taste... Tabasco's, Baja Cantina on the Beach, The Office at the Beac and the coolest one I can't name...jejejeje...Politics and rules...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users