Timing for Reception/Ceremony/Cocktails etc

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:15 AM

Good question! I'm not sure, my wedding starts around 6pm and there are no gaps between it and the reception. If you aren't already contracted at your resort, you may want to look into places that allow you to have a smooth & quick transition between your ceremony and reception. I don't know how you could fill that gap other than meeting at a bar or restaurant in between, but then you may as well have the reception there.

#12 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
    • 420 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:33 AM

Right, but even at other resorts, where you can have a private reception starting wherever you want, you probably don't want to start it at 5pm? Do you?

What are other winter brides doing, who are having their ceremonies at 3 or 4pm to get the daylight?

Thanks!
      Margaret & Eric

#13 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:46 PM

I'm having my ceremony at 4, I'm figuring we will be done around 430 or 445, depending if we start right on time. I think I'll have cocktail hour start at 5 no matter what, we'll be doing pictures before & during part of the cocktail hour, our reception will start at 6.

I'm glad we're starting at 4, so we won't feel so rushed. We went to a wedding last weekend and the ceremony started at 630, by the time we ate dinner it was 900, and the night flew by.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users