Photo

Freeze Dried Flowers?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chicago80

Chicago80
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:50 PM

Does anyone know of a place in the cancun area where you can get your wedding bouquet freeze dried? I found some places in Cali and Texas that I can next day air them to but I would like to have them done in Mexico to avoid the customs issues.

#2 anaderoux

anaderoux
    • 3,220 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

I'll ask my WC, maybe I'll have an answer next tuesday 'cause she's out of town..

#3 Chicago80

Chicago80
      • 80 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:59 PM

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

#4 anaderoux

anaderoux
        • 3,220 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:06 PM

You're welcome!! I'd like to do that too

#5 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 05:26 PM

I didn't realize you can do this, how does it come out, do they just look like dried flowers?? I'd love to do this, I really wanted to be able to keep my bouquet, to do something with it when I got home, if you find any information I'd love to hear about it!

#6 Chicago80

Chicago80
            • 80 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

Here is what I found out... In the event that I can not find someone in Mexico to freeze dry the flowers I can import them next day air to the US. However, it is a possible PITA if anything goes wrong.

USDA - Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) - Plant Health, Plant Protection and Quarantine

Here are some of the sites I found in the US that I can send them too. (Its not cheap)

Freeze Dried Flowers and Gifts. Wedding Flower Preservation. Save your bridal bouquet.

Bouquet Preservation | Flower Preservation | Preserved Flower | Wedding Bouquet Preservation by Heller & Reid

Bridal bouquet and wedding flower preservation|Lone Star Freeze Dry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users