Photo

Another question about Cake..

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:14 PM

The baker in Cabo (Sweet dreams) makes the candies. She does a varity of white chocolate seashells. I was just going to bring the orchids.

#12 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
    • 1,876 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:17 PM

oh, so guess my idea doesn't work....hmm...did you email her and ask her opinion? She would probably have a good opinion on the idea since she makes beautiful cakes all the time.
      My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#13 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:42 PM

okay, I think just the flower would look great, it sounds like it will cover a good portion of the top of the cake.

I don't think I would do a candy and the flower, I think its going to be too much, and an odd number of things would look better, like 3, but I think that will be too crowded.

Will the cakes be that fondant stuff, that looks really smooth, or will they have like the decorative frosting trim. Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to picture this in my head!

FI just came over to read what I was typing and he wanted to be sure that I put his 2 cents in, he said, and I quote "don't do the candies, the candies always suck, you're going to ruin your cake" I tried to explain that they were chocolates made by a baker and they were probably really good, but he wouldn't listen

#14 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:43 AM

LOL, thanks Jill, and tell Steve thanks as well.. lol The cake would be a buttercream smooth frosting, with the flower on the top, on the bottom of the cake will be a beading and that's where I was thinking about having a starfish (white choc.) lay up against the cake, with brown suger that looks like sand. Ugh I just don't know..

#15 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:36 AM

He was very adamant that I told you what he thought, lol!

That sounds really pretty, with the beading and the sand, and the starfish leaning up against it, I think that would look really nice!

What if you went to the grocery store and picked up one of those little round cakes and tried to create this cake that you want, obviously it won't be exact but it will give you a little bit of an idea, and just get a piece of candy or something about the same size as the starfish, just to get an idea.

#16 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:39 AM

That's a good idea... You would think since both of my grandparents were bakers and used to make wedding cakes that I would be good at this sort of think, but I'm not.. :-)

#17 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:53 AM

make sure you post a pic if you do it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users