Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LEIGH

My guests are already making reservations!

Recommended Posts

Fantastic Leigh!! You have very good guests. As for me, my wedding is in less than 6 weeks & I still don't know exactly who is coming~! My FI's family is driving me crazy...I made him call them yesterday. SEND THE RSVP!!!!

 

We sent out 40-ish STD's and invitations and at this point I think we will have approx 25 guests...but I budgeted for 45, so I'm good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by A10CALGAL View Post
Fantastic Leigh!! You have very good guests. As for me, my wedding is in less than 6 weeks & I still don't know exactly who is coming~! My FI's family is driving me crazy...I made him call them yesterday. SEND THE RSVP!!!!

We sent out 40-ish STD's and invitations and at this point I think we will have approx 25 guests...but I budgeted for 45, so I'm good.
OH, trust me....the only reason we have people already making reservations 8 months out is becuase there is a special rate that will expire on this Friday! Are you using a travel agent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sent out 150 STD's I believe and we have about 70 people coming and we did it the same way, we told everyone they had until a certain date to book to get the best rate on the room. Also in my X-mas cards I also sent out a reminder and we sent out one final reminder a week before via email. It is great because now we know who is coming and even if we have a few stragglers add on that is fine as well. But for the most part we can plan our budget out correctly! Then again my FI and I are anal so that could be the reason as well! smile41.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

smile159.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie M View Post
We sent out 150 STD's I believe and we have about 70 people coming and we did it the same way, we told everyone they had until a certain date to book to get the best rate on the room. Also in my X-mas cards I also sent out a reminder and we sent out one final reminder a week before via email. It is great because now we know who is coming and even if we have a few stragglers add on that is fine as well. But for the most part we can plan our budget out correctly! Then again my FI and I are anal so that could be the reason as well! smile41.gif

Yeah, it def helps to have a "deadline" somewhere in there! I've been kind of antsy about the OOT bags, and now after friday...will have a pretty darn good idea of how many of everything!(well, at least a better idea than before!)

and we did STD's and two letters in the mail and a few email reminders....i think all of the reminders actually helped!!smile159.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is such good news!! It makes planning so much better (I was going to say easier) when you have a good idea of how many guests are actually going!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydskyga View Post
OH, trust me....the only reason we have people already making reservations 8 months out is becuase there is a special rate that will expire on this Friday! Are you using a travel agent?
Yeah, I tried to use that tactic with my group...didn't work! yes, I'm using an TA, but since our guests are coming from California, Arizona & Texas, many of them are on their own in terms of finding decent airfare. Everytime I see a low fare (I am constantly trolling the net for these!) I email whomever it pertains to. At this point, I think it's just an RSVP problem. What cracks me up is that my FI's sisters, who have been married & know what this is like, still haven't sent their RSVP's although I know they are booked. HELLO, I need some numbers here people! OH well, I'm just going with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by A10CALGAL View Post
Yeah, I tried to use that tactic with my group...didn't work! yes, I'm using an TA, but since our guests are coming from California, Arizona & Texas, many of them are on their own in terms of finding decent airfare. Everytime I see a low fare (I am constantly trolling the net for these!) I email whomever it pertains to. At this point, I think it's just an RSVP problem. What cracks me up is that my FI's sisters, who have been married & know what this is like, still haven't sent their RSVP's although I know they are booked. HELLO, I need some numbers here people! OH well, I'm just going with it.
6 weeks!!!! yeah, I'm not expecting a lot of the rsvp's either! Just a huge relief to know they have just made reservations for the AI resort! Most of our guests are just going to do airfare later....considering that we have 8 months until the big day!!!!!
yeah, the in laws are starting to get me 2! I'm just not involving them with anything at this point on! And I have NO time for negative statements about ANYTHING!!!!!shots.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×