Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hilton Cancun Ladies...you are all SO awesome with the information you've all provided on this thread. I just emailed Fernanda a few days ago to get a quote, so I'm exited to hear back...but from what you've all said I'll be very patient waiting for her reply.

 

Indy...Congratulations on your wedding! My FI and I are actually hoping (crossing our fingers) on getting married June 27th, 2009!

 

I'm still trying to narrow down my choices, CasaMagna is one, and then I came across the Hilton thread. I just HAD to contact them. Their hotel is BEAUTIFUL...from the website anyways.

 

Wish me luck!smile159.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyN View Post
Hilton Cancun Ladies...you are all SO awesome with the information you've all provided on this thread. I just emailed Fernanda a few days ago to get a quote, so I'm exited to hear back...but from what you've all said I'll be very patient waiting for her reply.

Indy...Congratulations on your wedding! My FI and I are actually hoping (crossing our fingers) on getting married June 27th, 2009!

I'm still trying to narrow down my choices, CasaMagna is one, and then I came across the Hilton thread. I just HAD to contact them. Their hotel is BEAUTIFUL...from the website anyways.

Wish me luck!smile159.gif
LadyN,
Welcome to the Hilton Brides thread! The Hilton resort in Cancun is SOOO beautiful. Do you plan on doing a site visit? CasaMagna is really nice too...we also did a site visit there, but the Hilton really just blew me away. It has everything I wanted, and Fernanda is great to work with and very knowledgable. Let us know if you have any questions and congrats on your engagement!
-Jessica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica&Adam View Post
LadyN,
Welcome to the Hilton Brides thread! The Hilton resort in Cancun is SOOO beautiful. Do you plan on doing a site visit? CasaMagna is really nice too...we also did a site visit there, but the Hilton really just blew me away. It has everything I wanted, and Fernanda is great to work with and very knowledgable. Let us know if you have any questions and congrats on your engagement!
-Jessica
Hi Jessica!! Thanks :)
We haven't done a site visit yet, but we are planning on doing one in October. Still no word from Fernanda...but hopefully soon...Very soon. I just got an email from Josephina from CasaMagna telling me that someone else is requesting the same wedding day as me and are ready to SIGN a contract...EEEKKKK.sad.gif I'm so not even ready to sign yet. Worst part is my FI forgot his cell phone at home this morning so I can't even call him to freak out right now. This is why Plan B's were invented right? Right. Now all I need is Fernanda to email.
What I love so much from the website, for the Hilton, are all the activities they have for your guests...if they choose to stay there. I am soooo glad I came across this thread, cause possibly loosing CasaMagna doesnt seem so bad if the Hilton is on the list too. This process takes SO long. Wish me luck. I'll definitely be back to ask more questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyN View Post
Hi Jessica!! Thanks :)
We haven't done a site visit yet, but we are planning on doing one in October. Still no word from Fernanda...but hopefully soon...Very soon. I just got an email from Josephina from CasaMagna telling me that someone else is requesting the same wedding day as me and are ready to SIGN a contract...EEEKKKK.sad.gif I'm so not even ready to sign yet. Worst part is my FI forgot his cell phone at home this morning so I can't even call him to freak out right now. This is why Plan B's were invented right? Right. Now all I need is Fernanda to email.
What I love so much from the website, for the Hilton, are all the activities they have for your guests...if they choose to stay there. I am soooo glad I came across this thread, cause possibly loosing CasaMagna doesnt seem so bad if the Hilton is on the list too. This process takes SO long. Wish me luck. I'll definitely be back to ask more questions.
LadyN,
Trust me, I understand your stress! Haha there have been too many times where I've had to call Adam freaking out! :)
How big is your wedding going to be? Do you want the ceremony inside, outside, on the beach? Where do you want the reception - inside, outside, or on the beach? What factors are most important to you in your wedding? The answers to these questions could help you decide between Casa and Hilton, if you can't do site visits.

PS ladies, I got my dress a few weekends ago - SOO excited! Its sooo cute and beach formal! YAY!!! I honestly always swore I would never buy a dress from DB, but since I'm going to trash it (doing a TTD session) anyway, I figured what the hell! And this dress is so perfect!!
Here is the link to see it:
David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns ST9505 Beaded lace tank, chiffon split front over charmeuse slim A-line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica&Adam View Post
LadyN,
Trust me, I understand your stress! Haha there have been too many times where I've had to call Adam freaking out! :)
How big is your wedding going to be? Do you want the ceremony inside, outside, on the beach? Where do you want the reception - inside, outside, or on the beach? What factors are most important to you in your wedding? The answers to these questions could help you decide between Casa and Hilton, if you can't do site visits. [/url]
Hi Jessica!

Congrats on the dress...it's beautiful!!
Our wedding is going to be between 50-60 people. Since we've decided on doing a Catholic ceremony, we'll be doing it at a local church. Reception will have to be outside...as long as mother nature doesn't decide to crash in! So since my last post, I've decided that worst case I have the June 26th (Friday) on "hold" with CasaMagna. I finally got an email from Fernanada with the link to the "Proposal" website...but I didn't see any prices. Did I miss something?? I emailed her asking for pricing so I'll probably hear from her in a week or two.

Do any of you ladies have pricing for 2009?? I would love to get started on reviewing that ASAP. thewave.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies! Its been a while!

 

Opice, how are you holding up? Your wedding is just around the corner, woohoo!!

 

LadyN, did you ever find pricing? I've been searching but all I seem to have is 2008 and I bet they have upped the prices since. Let me know...I will keep searching for my stuff!

 

So whats new? Who's doing what as far as planning goes?

 

Just wanted to touch base and say hello! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome LadyN!

 

Jessica - love your dress!

 

Yes, it is right around the corner and I have so much to do!

 

Quick question - I'm working out the bill right now and I remember during my site visit that they said our guests would receive 2 free bottles of water in their room per day. Does anyone else remember that? Now they are telling me that the water is part of the mini-bar and our guests will be charged. The water was one of the reasons we chose the Hilton because it just seemed like a nice perk for our guests! Did anyone else think they would get free water?

 

Also - I was also under the impression that the cost for Petra (the minister) was included, and now they are telling me that there is an extra cost for her. Did anyone experience this? Jessica, did you think there was an additional charge for Petra?

 

So frustrating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opice34 View Post
Welcome LadyN!

Jessica - love your dress!

Yes, it is right around the corner and I have so much to do!

Quick question - I'm working out the bill right now and I remember during my site visit that they said our guests would receive 2 free bottles of water in their room per day. Does anyone else remember that? Now they are telling me that the water is part of the mini-bar and our guests will be charged. The water was one of the reasons we chose the Hilton because it just seemed like a nice perk for our guests! Did anyone else think they would get free water?

Also - I was also under the impression that the cost for Petra (the minister) was included, and now they are telling me that there is an extra cost for her. Did anyone experience this? Jessica, did you think there was an additional charge for Petra?

So frustrating!
Opice,

I've never heard of the whole free water thing, but then again I didn't get to see any rooms on my site visit sad.gif

I was also, however, under the impression that Petra is included in the package prices. I know that a long time ago when I asked via email I was told that she was. I also know that when Courtney got married a few months ago (Indypitty) that she was not charged extra for this.

ARG I can not seem to figure out what to do about my ceremony music...any suggestions? I want it to be live but beyond that I have NO idea what to do (the ceremony will be on the beach) sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi girls!

 

I just stumbled upon the Hilton Cancun today... we are thinking a November 2009 wedding.

 

Does anyone have the pricing lists for the Hilton Cancun?

 

Thanks so much!!!!

 

-- Jen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×