Sign in to follow this  
Sherry

Hairdresser & Makeup Artist

My WC at the Ritz recommended Karine Cummings. She does hair and make up. I don't normally wear a lot of make up, so I mentioned that I was nervous about it and wanted someone I could trust and who would listen to me. I checked out the website and thought the brides really did look great without being overdone.

I emailed Karine and she got back to me right away, and even replied to my concerns with ideas for a natural, but polished style. Obviously, can't comment on the final results yet, but I feel like I'm in good hands. Which, to me, counts for a lot. I'll have a trial run with her sometime before the wedding. Here's the link:

Bridal Photo Page

PS Brenna--she does do airbrush.

For my make-up I used Jessica Waite. I felt very calm with Jessica, with all the chaos going on, it felt like I was taking a 45 minute break from everything when I was getting my make-up done. I loved the way my make-up came out and Jessica is truly an artist. She also did my mother-in-laws make-up, she loved it! Also after seeing Sherrie's photos, I was pretty much sold. Here's her contact info:http://www.makeupmaui.com/

For my hair I used Karine Cummings. I actually stumbled upon her website and liked what I saw. After talking to her I felt really comfortable using her our special day. She is Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Two days before the wedding, I had a hair trial at her home, she is wonderful and very warm. You can tell she really loved working with brides. At the last minute I decided to treat my mom and have her make-up done. Karine was more than willing to come early and complete my mom's make-up. She looked beautiful...as always :) My hair looked great and my curls hung in the entire time!!! Here's her contact info: http://www.bridalhaironmaui.com/