Jump to content

Photo

March Signature Picture Theme


  • Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#71 rodent

rodent

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

    Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:00 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by starchild
    Cute you guys! I love everyone's visions of themselves.

    And I think mine is entirely too big now! Usually people have these ginormous siggys but yours are all relatively small. I may go back to the drawing board.

    I like the size of yours. It would be hard to read if it was smaller.

    #72 starchild

    starchild

      Moderator

    • Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

      Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:08 PM

      Thanks, Morgan! BTW I love your bacteria art...lol I had no idea e.coli was green!

      #73 rodent

      rodent

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

        Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:11 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by starchild
        Thanks, Morgan! BTW I love your bacteria art...lol I had no idea e.coli was green!

        It's not, but mine are. There is an indicator in the plate that makes them turn blue. We can tell if their DNA is damaged by the darkness of the color. They look green because they are on a yellow plate.

        #74 starchild

        starchild

          Moderator

        • Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

          Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:14 PM

          Hmm...may I ask why you would need to know if the DNA is damaged? Are you looking for mutant e.coli? Just curious, I find it fascinating!

          #75 rodent

          rodent

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

            Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:21 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by starchild
            Hmm...may I ask why you would need to know if the DNA is damaged? Are you looking for mutant e.coli? Just curious, I find it fascinating!
            E. coli DNA is damaged & protected similar to human DNA. So we are studying DNA damage in E. coli as a model for human DNA. We make mutations and then see what that does to their DNA.

            #76 starchild

            starchild

              Moderator

            • Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

              Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:25 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              E. coli DNA is damaged & protected similar to human DNA. So we are studying DNA damage in E. coli as a model for human DNA. We make mutations and then see what that does to their DNA.
              Sweet!!! That's pretty awesome if you ask me, cool stuff :)

              #77 lambert13

              lambert13
              • Member
              • 901 posts

                Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:51 PM

                I got mine started, but it is a little too small I think. Now I have to figure out how to make the image show up larger. The image is plenty big to begin with. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

                #78 starchild

                starchild

                  Moderator

                • Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

                  Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:55 PM

                  Jason that's really cool...the farthest right are 2 separate pics but they look like 1...nice! And who are the munchkins?

                  #79 REBECCA

                  REBECCA
                  • VIP Member
                  • 1,825 posts

                    Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:11 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lambert13
                    I got mine started, but it is a little too small I think. Now I have to figure out how to make the image show up larger. The image is plenty big to begin with. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
                    I have found that if you do it in photobucket, you can play with the “Upload Size” (it says: "max image size: 640 x 480 (options)" If you click "options" and change the size to 800x600. Then instead of clicking on the image code, put a check mark in the box next to the photo and scroll all the way down to the bottom and click “generate HTML” Then it will open up and you can preview different sizes. If it is not the right size, go back to the drawing board and try and upload it in a bigger or smaller size, and check it again. I have spent so long trying to resize it before, it might take a while if you have the patience
                    Rebecca
                    <center>

                    http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
                    Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

                    #80 starchild

                    starchild

                      Moderator

                    • Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

                      Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:12 PM

                      That's great info Rebecca, I'd never heard of photobucket until I came here so I'm still a novice. Thanks for sharing!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users