Photo

Riu Palace Riviera Maya.. questions?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Michelle&Steve

Michelle&Steve
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:26 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!! sorry for that being posted 3 times!! my computer is being finicky
    "Woohoo!! Time to get married!

www.steveandmich.com

86 booked so far!!!http://tickers.Ticke....9414/event.png

#12 evonut

evonut
    • 92 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:50 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Michelle&Steve
      wow.. thanks for all the informations.. it was really helpful.. i hope you have an amazing wedding!!! and i would like to hear all about it when you get back!

a few questions/concerns I have:

i love the gazebo setting for the ceremony.. however, im not sure about the actual reception.. i have close to 100 people, and wanted something more formal.. do you, or anyone actually know if the RPRM has something like this? or is it really casual in one of their restaurants.. ?? and is it more like just dinner, or can I actually have an entire party there? i like the riu but i dont know if i need to find a different hotel with more of a hall available?

I saw people with other photographers there? is the only way of getting them them in by getting them a room overnight? i wanted an outside photographer because i wasnt sure if the resort one was any good? any info?

The Bota Fogo restaurant is pretty formal and can fit 100 people. The RPRM also has the Dan Manolo (I think that's what it's called) main restaurant which is bigger. They only offered me Chillis or Bota Fogo...other restaurants are off limits. You can always ask.

You could contact Edith or Cynthia at email: weddings.playacar@riu.com to inquire, but they might take forever to respond to you if you haven't booked your destination wedding with them. You can also call them:

Edith Dom­nguez
      RIU Hotels and Resorts
      Weddings Manager
      Playa del Carmen
      Tel +52 984 877 42 00
      ext 811

As for the photographer, yes, it's the only way they will allow outside photographers is if they are guests.

#13 evonut

evonut
      • 92 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:51 PM

The Bota Fogo restaurant is pretty formal and can fit 100 people. The RPRM also has the Dan Manolo (I think that's what it's called) main restaurant which is bigger. They only offered me Chillis or Bota Fogo...other restaurants are off limits. You can always ask.

You could contact Edith or Cynthia at email: weddings.playacar@riu.com to inquire, but they might take forever to respond to you if you haven't booked your destination wedding with them. You can also call them:

Edith Dom­nguez
        RIU Hotels and Resorts
        Weddings Manager
        Playa del Carmen
        Tel +52 984 877 42 00
        ext 811

As for the photographer, yes, it's the only way they will allow outside photographers is if they are guests.

#14 PaulSchrank

PaulSchrank
        • Vendor
        • 237 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:06 PM

Here are a collection of clips that I shot at the RIU Palace Riviera Maya. The first one, Melanie & Matt is at the RIU Mexico next door. The reception footage in Erica & Bob's Wedding Day Edit is from the Chili's restaurant.

PlayaWeddings¢â¬â„¢s RIU album on Vimeo

#15 Michelle&Steve

Michelle&Steve
          • 208 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:55 PM

i cant seem to read the new messages that are being written.. anyone know why? 2nd page doesnt come up...

www.steveandmich.com

#16 Michelle&Steve

Michelle&Steve
            • 208 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:55 PM

grrr.. nm.. sorry.. after i posted that, they came up

www.steveandmich.com

#17 Michelle&Steve

Michelle&Steve
              • 208 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:01 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by scharke
                Here are a collection of clips that I shot at the RIU Palace Riviera Maya. The first one, Melanie & Matt is at the RIU Mexico next door. The reception footage in Erica & Bob's Wedding Day Edit is from the Chili's restaurant.

PlayaWeddings¢â¬â„¢s RIU album on Vimeo
                thanks.. i was having a lot of trouble getting answers out of them!

www.steveandmich.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter