Photo

How long to receive marriage certificate in Turks & Caicos?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#4 alundy

alundy
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

Hi everyone,

I just stumbled across the fact that it takes months to get your marriage certificate from the Dominican which totally blows my mind.

Those of you who have been married in T&C, how long did it take to get yours? I'm not really into waiting for months...

Thanks for your help!!

#5 kelly1214

kelly1214
    • 92 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

I got married at the Beaches Resort in Turks and Caicos in May.  Part of the ceremony, involves you signing the wedding documents.  The pastor notarized a copy for us to take home.  The DMV, SS office, and my banks/credit card companies all accepted that so I could get my name changed immediately.  The official license took about 10 weeks for us but I think they say it takes up to 14 weeks.

#6 greysgirl

greysgirl
      • 370 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by kelly1214 

I got married at the Beaches Resort in Turks and Caicos in May.  Part of the ceremony, involves you signing the wedding documents.  The pastor notarized a copy for us to take home.  The DMV, SS office, and my banks/credit card companies all accepted that so I could get my name changed immediately.  The official license took about 10 weeks for us but I think they say it takes up to 14 weeks.

Thanks for your response!  I was wondering how long it would take...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter